PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be at the Clarendon Apple Store on the 23rd?

Mr. Anderson
Aug 19, 2002, 11:24 AM
Ok folks, I think there might be more than several individuals who will be showing up at the Apple stores around the nation, but this thread is for the Clarendon Store in Virginia - maybe people should orgainize threads for the other stores - including Tysons.

So far it looks like Jelloshotsrule, wfsdude and myself going to Clarendon - anyone else? It would be great to meet up with all the MacRumors people

D

eyelikeart
Aug 19, 2002, 04:47 PM
I'd love to...but there's just no way I'd be able to make it...

how I want to see what an Apple Store is like... :(

G5orbust
Aug 19, 2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Ok folks, I think there might be more than several individuals who will be showing up at the Apple stores around the nation, but this thread is for the Clarendon Store in Virginia - maybe people should orgainize threads for the other stores - including Tysons.

So far it looks like Jelloshotsrule, wfsdude and myself going to Clarendon - anyone else? It would be great to meet up with all the MacRumors people

D

Id definately come... If it wasnt across the whole damn country!
O well, im trying to hitch a ride w/ my friend (MR name: rootuser) so i can attend at my local apple store. got to get thorugh my parents first tho....

Mr. Anderson
Aug 19, 2002, 06:01 PM
Well, I was only really worried about people in the DC area who were going to be around and would go to the store, because its local. I was thinking there might be other people in other states who would arrange to go to the other stores......

G5orbust
Aug 19, 2002, 06:10 PM
No doubt that some people from macrumors will be tehre no matter what i or rootuser do. I know atleast one person who lives in so cal (southern california) who is on macrumors. i tihnk its Rower CPU. i wonder if he'll be at the san diego apple store.

Backtothemac
Aug 20, 2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I'd love to...but there's just no way I'd be able to make it...

how I want to see what an Apple Store is like... :(

I am thinking about going to the Memphis store on Friday night. Anyone want to go?

Mr. Anderson
Aug 20, 2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

I am thinking about going to the Memphis store on Friday night. Anyone want to go?

You might want to start your own thread on that one

Backtothemac
Aug 20, 2002, 09:33 AM
Oh, snap!

Sorry, did not mean to highjack :eek:

Eslyjah
Aug 21, 2002, 03:32 PM
Duke, I'm just a noob, so I'm sure you don't know me, but I think I'll be there. Especially if there's a chance of winning free hardware.

pgwalsh
Aug 21, 2002, 04:01 PM
I don't remember when the event starts? I can make it to the Palo Alto store in the morning.....

jelloshotsrule
Aug 21, 2002, 05:00 PM
i'm not going if duke (and whfsdude) are going.....

man....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

krossfyter
Aug 21, 2002, 05:23 PM
obviously im not going.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
obviously im not going.

well then i ain't either.

blakespot
Aug 22, 2002, 11:32 PM
I will be @ the Apple Store, Clarendon Friday night. I may or may not have my wife with me. Either way (...due to the wife) I will not be able to purchase 10.2. So...if anyone on here already has 10.2 ordered and you win it, you must give it to me!

Sad, really.

blakespot

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 07:57 AM
I look forward to buying it, if the crowds aren't too crazy. After all the give aways and the official debut, things might get a bit nuts. Are they going to roll out a cart with Jaguar Boxes? Are they going to have a display roped off so you can't get at it till after Midnight?

I'll see you all there tonight, if I don't recognize you just come up and introduce yourself - you've seen the pics, www.dukestreet.com , geekfest , etc.

D

jelloshotsrule
Aug 23, 2002, 08:25 AM
i'll be in a red cape

and that's it

AngusB
Aug 23, 2002, 08:37 AM
I'll be at Clarendon tonight...if She Who Must be Obeyed will let me...

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 02:06 PM
ha, all these wife issues. wow. My wife goes on girls night out every once in a while - so I don't have a problem going out with the boys (geeks in this case).

Anyone know what computer they're going to be giving away?

D

Durandal7
Aug 23, 2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Are they going to roll out a cart with Jaguar Boxes? Are they going to have a display roped off so you can't get at it till after Midnight?

I think that a riot would shortly ensue if they did that. :p

Make sure to take some pics duke, some of us won't be able to go to any Apple Store in person tonight and I would like to see some pictures of the turnout.

blakespot
Aug 23, 2002, 09:31 PM
I am up in here.

Yellow shirt, black pants.

bp

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 09:35 PM
blue shirt, olive shorts - north west side of the store in the corner on a TiPB.

D

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 09:36 PM
how tall are you, i've seen a few yellow shirts.

D

Backtothemac
Aug 23, 2002, 10:18 PM
Just wanted to say hi. Hope you guys are having fun. Buy something for me.

B2TM

rugby
Aug 23, 2002, 10:36 PM
I went to the Schaumburg, IL store and as soon as I saw the 800-1000 people standing outside the store I left and came home to get some sleep. I've already got Jag, I was only going to win a tshirt or something.

Mr. Anderson
Aug 23, 2002, 10:59 PM
well, I'm glad the Clarendon Store is not a main one. I wonder how teabgs and his girlfriend made out at the Soho store - that was probably the worst.

D