Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuchichan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Maryland
For about a year and a half I've been synching my ipod touch to my powerbook g4. However, the powerbook is getting slow and I would like to sync it to my PC. I am worried that I will lose all of my apps and that I will have to arrange and download everything from scratch. I am also worried that I will have to pay again for some apps.

What is the best way for me to start synching to my PC. Should I be doing some sort of a backup on the powerbook?

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you.

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
As long as your new computer is logged into and authorized for the same iTunes account you used on your Powerbook you should have no problems.

Lot of info here and here

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
For about a year and a half I've been synching my ipod touch to my powerbook g4. However, the powerbook is getting slow and I would like to sync it to my PC. I am worried that I will lose all of my apps and that I will have to arrange and download everything from scratch. I am also worried that I will have to pay again for some apps.

What is the best way for me to start synching to my PC. Should I be doing some sort of a backup on the powerbook?

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Backup your iPod, move your entire iTunes folder over, and then reformat the iPod to Windows format and everything will be restored exactly the way it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.