Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
http://jailbreakme.com/

Good work @comex. Works for all iOS devices on all FW up 4.0.1 in any country.

Ensure you've synced with itunes and your saved your photos. Then click on the link.

Facetime and MMS issues solved by updating Cydia. New JB should be fine.

Skype will no longer background though. No other issues thus far.

Try this if servers down and only get purple nebula; http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com

thanks to Ian.c for Attached images

Attachments

• ip41.jpg
    ip41.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 15,553
  • ip42.jpg
    ip42.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 15,487
  • ip43.jpg
    ip43.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 15,411
  • ip44.jpg
    ip44.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 15,451

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
If it's a downloadable Jailbreak was anyone able to get it before the site died? If so then could you please upload it as a lot of people would really like to get their hands on it lol

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
WIll I lose all of my data if I don't sync with iTunes? My dad never syncs with iTUnes, so that's why I ask. Do I need to make another profile on my Mac for him?

Yes you should make a backup, it's good practice. In the unlikely event something goes wrong and you need a restore you'll kick yourself for not spending a couple of minutes making a backup

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I sync with iTunes to be on the SAFE side! When it says to do so, I'm doing so.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I maybe was one of the first to open the website after he posted the link. I literally clicked on the link, one second after he posted it. You had to slide to unlocked then the software will start to download. It'll show a loading progress type screen and it'll say its downloading.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I maybe was one of the first to open the website after he posted the link. I literally clicked on the link, one second after he posted it. You had to slide to unlocked then the software will start to download. It'll show a loading progress type screen and it'll say its downloading.

this may be a stoooopid question but you go there on your iphone right?

drwprtcht

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
Texas
Oh lawdy. That site was down in a minute...maybe less. Probably useless to try to access it for the next few hours. I wish I could, though.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Now every thread title will say "HELP ME I MESSED UP" rather than "Will it be released this week?":)
Still good news nonetheless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.