PDA

View Full Version : WTT: My PBG3 for iMac (FEELER THREAD)

slooksterPSV
Nov 21, 2004, 08:47 PM
Here's what I am lookin for. I'm really strongly considering doing this so here's what I'm planning to do. I want to trade this PBG3 I have for a newer iMac. Here are the specifications of my Powerbook:

Powerbook G3
233MHz G3 Processor w/64KB L1 Cache 512KB L2 Cache
288 MB PC66 RAM (32 pre-installed + 256 manual install)
30 GB HDD
Mac OS X Jaguar - clean install for whoever buys it + I'll include a TechTool Pro disc so that you can get the backlight to turn back on if you should reset the PRAM (or if battery is empty and resets it itself).
USB Bus Port Card
Battery Life is 20-40 minutes.
Includes Yo-Yo style Adapter
Sorry, does not include OS X Jaguar discs

Here is what I'm looking for:
iMac G3 or G4 - most likely the feedback I'll get will be for G3's.
350MHz or greater G3 or G4 Processor
192 or greater RAM
OPTIONAL: Panther pre-installed
Must include Keyboard, Mouse, iMac, and Power Cables
At least a 6GB HDD.

That is basically it. If you have a system that nearly matches those requirements (give or take), post it, if you want the PBG3 - PBG3 would be great to learn with, and the laptop feature makes it easier to move. Its also great for the Web, Email, and music.

If you read the message at the top you know this is a feeler thread. I will include iLife 2003, and the leather case I have for it.

EDIT: SPECS HAVE CHANGED, I may go back to previous cause I can get an iMac G3 350 256MB RAM and 10GB Drive for $200

ScottDodson
Nov 29, 2004, 01:45 AM
Slook..

Well all I have to offer is a 333 imac (green) with 192 ram. It is in CHERRY condition, and has the original box, software, keyboard, and a modded hockey puck mouse (with a flashing led). I got this from my old work, and is in fantastic shape...but I don't use it AT ALL. I am in desperate need of a laptop. These specs may not be what you want...but I'm just throwing it out there (shipping charges will be crazy to send this thing though :eek: ) Lemme know what you thing...as this wallstreet is something that I REALLY need (for all my digital photo needs on the road)

el greenerino
Nov 29, 2004, 02:02 AM
I'm happy someone actually has an offer for you. Good luck man!

stepbasin
Nov 29, 2004, 07:29 AM
If you want something a little more powerful I have a G4 400 MHz Tower that I don't need anymore. Its got a 20 gig harddrive, 512 megs of RAM, 4 firewire ports, 4 usb ports and includes a mouse and keyboard. It has OS X 10.3 installed plus some other odd apps and all it needs is a monitor. I was going to put it on ebay but if you are interested I will give you first crack at it. I am asking $325 plus shipping. Email me at jrstoup@mailworks.org if you are interested.

slooksterPSV
Nov 29, 2004, 01:43 PM
Slook..

Well all I have to offer is a 333 imac (green) with 192 ram. It is in CHERRY condition, and has the original box, software, keyboard, and a modded hockey puck mouse (with a flashing led). I got this from my old work, and is in fantastic shape...but I don't use it AT ALL. I am in desperate need of a laptop. These specs may not be what you want...but I'm just throwing it out there (shipping charges will be crazy to send this thing though :eek: ) Lemme know what you thing...as this wallstreet is something that I REALLY need (for all my digital photo needs on the road)

I sent you a PM. Make sure.

slooksterPSV
Dec 1, 2004, 11:52 PM
Since ScottDodson has yet to reply to my PM's or even Emails, I guess the offer is still on if someone wants to trade their iMac for a PB Wallstreet. (See siggy) Otherwise after one more week, Mod's throw this thread away.

ScottDodson
Dec 2, 2004, 06:14 PM
I replied to your PM....

And I'm without internet....I just moved into a new apartment, and they use a wireless network. And since I have a quicksilver that can ONLY use an original airport...I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on one for a little cheaper than 130 bucks.

StarbucksSam
Dec 2, 2004, 06:36 PM
How easy is this item to upgrade? We have an iMac G3 that we might consider letting go of for a trade.

slooksterPSV
Dec 2, 2004, 06:39 PM
Sorry, didn't know about n e of that (you moving and that), I still have yet to recieve the PM or email response, but the servers could be on a lag. I'll give them an hour or so (watch King Of The Hill and Simpsons). So thanks for responding.

Elan0204
Dec 2, 2004, 08:31 PM
And since I have a quicksilver that can ONLY use an original airport...I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on one for a little cheaper than 130 bucks.

I would recommend that you look into a wireless card that you can use in one of your PCI slots. Do some looking for a card that is natively compatible with OS X, and it will be recognized as an Apple Airport (or Airport Extreme) card. Most of those cards require Mac OS X.2.6 or later, but I doubt that is a problem for you. The great thing about these cards (once you find the right one) is that they act just like real Apple Airport Cards because they use the same chip as Apple. This means you can use the Apple software to control them, and you get the Airport menu in your menu bar and everything. A PCI card will be MUCH cheaper than $130.