Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Anyone have this already?

I just ordered one, it's $7.77 and I actually think it looks pretty decent plus works with the dock and doesn't add the bulk that the Bumper does. We'll see how well it works.

ordercolors.jpg

dockfriendly.jpg

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I got mine a last week and they don't fit well at all.

I applied th clear and it got dust underneath it before i applied and it looks bad.

Plus it comes in one piece not like the lucky labs so it is a bit harder to apply.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I've always been annoyed that the dock never works with a case on any iPod or iPhone. So I bought an oversized Griffin dock. Now I can put anything on it without taking the case off. :D

But I do like the colored bumpers. I just like having protection on the back. So I'm hoping that Griffin makes more colors for their Reveal line.

joelshooty

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
I got mine a last week and they don't fit well at all.

I applied th clear and it got dust underneath it before i applied and it looks bad.

Plus it comes in one piece not like the lucky labs so it is a bit harder to apply.

I bought the clear too and was disappointed. I was very careful to have no dust under the skin but it still did not apply well (i.e. you can see "spots" instead of a clean and clear appearance). I imagine the colored skins would look better since you won't be able to see the "spots" (but I thought the colored ones looked tacky).

The fit was ok. I thought the two ends would connect flush instead of overlap... that is my only complaint.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I bought the clear too and was disappointed. I was very careful to have no dust under the skin but it still did not apply well (i.e. you can see "spots" instead of a clean and clear appearance). I imagine the colored skins would look better since you won't be able to see the "spots" (but I thought the colored ones looked tacky).

The fit was ok. I thought the two ends would connect flush instead of overlap... that is my only complaint.

Same here the clear looked like dirty Sellotape after wiping the bezel with the alcohol wipe I installed taking care not to touch the underneath.

I did have a red but took it off and although the width was spot on the length was out of place on the sim tray and overlaped near the speakers at the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.