PDA

View Full Version : iMac G3

StarbucksSam
Nov 21, 2004, 09:41 PM
I'm actually posting this for my father who is interested in selling an iMac G3 we have kind of sitting around. This is not guaranteeing that I will sell it, and anything would have to be done through my Dad, but I'm basically working as his agent here.

iMac G3/400 DV SE has 640 MB RAM and a 13 (I'm pretty sure, might be 12) GB HD with a DVD-ROM drive. Sold in good condition with no modifications made to it except RAM upgrade. Original software probably available, not sure - original box is doubtful. This computer is about five years old, but it still works well for what it's intended for.

If interested, please post.

slooksterPSV
Nov 21, 2004, 09:43 PM
I am, are you interested in $ or an older PB G3, you can see my thread it says WTT: My Powerbook G3 for iMac

StarbucksSam
Nov 21, 2004, 09:44 PM
We actually have a PB G3 (not for sale), so I think it's cash. Offer?

slooksterPSV
Nov 21, 2004, 09:45 PM
This is just what baucomcomputers.com has
iMac/400 DV (Indigo) (192/10GB/CD/56k/FW/usb) . . . . . . . . . . $245
so you make the offer.

StarbucksSam
Nov 21, 2004, 09:47 PM
This is the same model with a bigger hard drive, and 432 (math?) MB more RAM. I'm going to have to run any offer by my Dad, but I'm thinking $330 negotiable plus shipping.

slooksterPSV
Nov 21, 2004, 09:51 PM
This is the same model with a bigger hard drive, and 432 (math?) MB more RAM. I'm going to have to run any offer by my Dad, but I'm thinking $330 negotiable plus shipping.
448MB more - I probably won't be able to buy it, sorry :( . My paychecks (which I get ever 2 weeks) are about $130. Thats why I asked about the PBG3 trade (see siggy)

StarbucksSam
Nov 21, 2004, 09:54 PM
If you'll give me your best offer, I'm not setting a price, I will present it to my father who I know is eager to get rid of this.

StarbucksSam
Nov 22, 2004, 09:49 AM
We have an official asking price of $300. Please bare in mind that does not include shipping. Any takers?

csubear
Nov 28, 2004, 08:40 PM
If you live an western PA, I'd be willing to meet somewhere in between you an me (Cleveland OH) on a weekend. My offer is 150 cash, with me being able to inspect the imac before the transaction.

StarbucksSam
Nov 28, 2004, 09:03 PM
If you live an western PA, I'd be willing to meet somewhere in between you an me (Cleveland OH) on a weekend. My offer is 150 cash, with me being able to inspect the imac before the transaction.

I'm sorry, but I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, and that offer is a complete insult. The 233 with regular RAM is about or more than that.

csubear
Nov 28, 2004, 09:50 PM
Hold you horses there buddy... didn't mean to insult you. Was just trying to make an offer on a 5 year old computer thats all. Furthermore it was an offer to make a face to face transaction for cash. Much better than dealing with some one over the internet, IMHO.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to be an !ss. and good luck.

StarbucksSam
Nov 28, 2004, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, I was just a little defensive there. I agree face-to-face transactions are nice, but that would not be possible as Pennsylvania is one BIG state and the number was a little too low. Thanks for your time, though.