Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
ThinkSecret has an article and screenshots up of some of the updated apps seen in the latest Tiger builds - including some ignored by AppleInsider in their previews, such as DVD Player. It now has bookmarks AND video clips (sort of like a saved A->B), and the option to stretch out the dimensions of video (so you can watch a fullscreen video stretched to widescreen!). What I find interesting is the controller for this resembles a transparent widget ala Motion and the Dashboard. Plus now you can watch DVDs in the dock! How thrilling. Although I wish someone in Apple would finally co-ordinate the keyboard shortcuts for DVD Player and Quicktime - I always go to use "Cmd-F" in DVD Player and get mad when it doesn't go fullscreen.
Anyways, just thought I'd share the link as these were some things I'd been hoping Apple would add, and I'm continually happy that they keep adding stuff to Tiger.
Here's the gallery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.