Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdbutler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Provo, UT
I've heard some mentions of a possible Ipad Mini or a big Ipod Touch that will have a 5" - 7" display. What do you thing? Is it possible?

IMO I don't think Apple would create device that would take sales from both the Ipad and the Ipod Touch, however, I think it would be cool. I would probably buy one.

tzag

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Too small of a screen for a tablet, too large of a screen for an iPod.

Not happening

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
I think we will see one, maybe not till early 2011 but I can see a small iPad happening, I would be all over one. With a 5" screen it would be around the same size as the Dell Streak and still quite portable. The new 960x640 resolution would crossover nicely making gaming, web browsing, iBooks, Navigation etc a far better experience than the current 3.5" screen size and add wifi\3G options and they would fly out the door.

I also don't see cannibalization of other products being an issue, iPhone and Macbooks sales would not be noticeably affected and lets face it whether your buying a iPod touch, a small iPad or a large iPad your still buying a nice $profitable$ Apple product.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I've heard some mentions of a possible Ipad Mini or a big Ipod Touch that will have a 5" - 7" display. What do you thing? Is it possible?

IMO I don't think Apple would create device that would take sales from both the Ipad and the Ipod Touch, however, I think it would be cool. I would probably buy one.
Not any time soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.