PDA

View Full Version : Ivyskin Reception Case Review

edtorious
Aug 2, 2010, 05:47 PM
For those who has received their case, could you please post review here? I'm still waiting for mine but a review and pics from those who got them will be greatly appreciated. ;)

Here's somebody's review and pics from another thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10726266&postcount=661

TB07-NJ
Aug 2, 2010, 05:50 PM
For those who has received their case, could you please post review here? I'm still waiting for mine but a review and pics from those who got them will be greatly appreciated. ;)
It sucks, just like IVYSCAM. Read the other big thread. It wasn't what was pictured on the website and IVSCAM simply came up with more lies as to why.

matthewhotdude
Aug 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
Simple review.

It's *****, if you want to throw away your money, paypal me instead :D

Stangs55
Aug 2, 2010, 05:56 PM
please name threads appropriately

edtorious
Aug 2, 2010, 05:57 PM
please name threads appropriately

what's wrong with my title :confused:

nd4speed
Aug 2, 2010, 05:59 PM
The case clearly looks nothing like what's represented on their website. By all accounts the actual product looks like one of the $2 specials you see on eBay but at more than 10X the cost. The coup de grāce is that the buying "experience" is an absolute NIGHTMARE from the word go.

For the real story go to this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=971644

You were warned.

Pared
Aug 2, 2010, 06:37 PM
what's wrong with my title :confused:

It's not a review. It's asking for a review.

Misleading.

chanerz
Aug 2, 2010, 07:08 PM
ivyscam yuck

HerbalTicking
Aug 3, 2010, 01:02 AM
Well I might be the only one so far, but I like the case. It's better than the Apple bumper imo. The plastic doesn't come up on the sides and protect the top of the screen if it were to be laid down on its face, but it does come with a screen protector for front and back as advertised. I at first had a problem with it fitting snugly on the right side. Adding the plastic covers on both the front and back fixed this problem for the most part. There is some very slight give throughout the case when pressed on the sides. Makes a crackling kinda sound. The back of my case looks just like the picture on their website. The only difference I see is in the top edges. In the pic online you can't see it tapper off, but it is obvious if you look at the profile of the actual case. Another issue I have is with the sharp edge on the top of the case. When you run your finger over the power button you can feel the sharp edge. It should have been tapered.

The good things. I love that the case extenuates the edges and glass feel of the phone. Neither the body glove nor the apple bumper could do this. I like that it's one piece and snaps on tightly around the phone. Although it is a bitch to get off without scrapping the edge of the iphone. It doesn't affect the flash on the back or inhibit either of the camera lenses. headphone jack and dock port are wide open.

I love that the case has no branding labels or words. It was a nightmare in shipping to get it here and since it arrived after the 31st and I'll be getting my shipping refunded, I think it's worth the $15 and will keep it.

TB07-NJ
Aug 3, 2010, 08:17 AM
The back of my case looks just like the picture on their website. The only difference I see is in the top edges. In the pic online you can't see it tapper off, but it is obvious if you look at the profile of the actual case. Another issue I have is with the sharp edge on the top of the case. When you run your finger over the power button you can feel the sharp edge. It should have been tapered..

It looks like the picture on their website NOW since they changed it a couple days ago. It does NOT look like the picture from BEFORE they changed it. It's a totally different product than what was originally shown......other than the fact it is still clear.

maverick86
Aug 3, 2010, 08:30 AM
It looks like the picture on their website NOW since they changed it a couple days ago. It does NOT look like the picture from BEFORE they changed it. It's a totally different product than what was originally shown......other than the fact it is still clear.

Agreed. I paid for a specific product (regardless of the fact that it's since been refunded) and the fact that they change it without any notice whatsoever is just shady.

Roku66
Aug 3, 2010, 10:07 AM
I guess I am one of the few who like this case as well. I much prefer the new cut out of the camera over the one shown in the picture so I don't know what the complaining is about there. And I thought it was obvious to everyone that the original pic on the website was fake/stolen. I fluxed the fit by just squeezing the sides until it locked and stopped making the cracking noise. The fit gets off again when you push the back of the case, but I never see my self doing that. I will highlight what I'm talking about in a day or 2 in a video review once I get back from vacation.

edtorious
Aug 3, 2010, 10:22 AM
Well I might be the only one so far, but I like the case. It's better than the Apple bumper imo. The plastic doesn't come up on the sides and protect the top of the screen if it were to be laid down on its face, but it does come with a screen protector for front and back as advertised. I at first had a problem with it fitting snugly on the right side. Adding the plastic covers on both the front and back fixed this problem for the most part. There is some very slight give throughout the case when pressed on the sides. Makes a crackling kinda sound. The back of my case looks just like the picture on their website. The only difference I see is in the top edges. In the pic online you can't see it tapper off, but it is obvious if you look at the profile of the actual case. Another issue I have is with the sharp edge on the top of the case. When you run your finger over the power button you can feel the sharp edge. It should have been tapered.

The good things. I love that the case extenuates the edges and glass feel of the phone. Neither the body glove nor the apple bumper could do this. I like that it's one piece and snaps on tightly around the phone. Although it is a bitch to get off without scrapping the edge of the iphone. It doesn't affect the flash on the back or inhibit either of the camera lenses. headphone jack and dock port are wide open.

I love that the case has no branding labels or words. It was a nightmare in shipping to get it here and since it arrived after the 31st and I'll be getting my shipping refunded, I think it's worth the $15 and will keep it.

Thanks for the review. Very nice dock, where did you get that? Luxa?

HerbalTicking
Aug 3, 2010, 06:30 PM
The dock is Luxa, the new versions don't have the rubber brackets to help hold it in place, so I would look for this older version in stores now. I got mine from Fry's a couple of weeks ago while waiting for this case and the free apple bumper to ship.

edtorious
Aug 7, 2010, 12:01 AM
So finally got my Ivyskin Reception Case yesterday August 5, 2010 and just tried them on today. It's actually a very quite nice case. I do not have that creaking problem as some other people are having problem. I will go ahead and keep it. Now I just hope to get my shipping charges as promise by Ivyskin to me for taking them so long to deliver my case. :rolleyes:

Their case would have been a success if only they have been forthcoming with their stocks and shipping delays and better customer service. So now the saga continues as I await for how long they will keep their promise to refund my shipping charges. I'll keep you guys posted. :rolleyes::cool:

SaintsMac
Aug 7, 2010, 12:34 PM
So finally got my Ivyskin Reception Case yesterday August 5, 2010 and just tried them on today. It's actually a very quite nice case. I do not have that creaking problem as some other people are having problem. I will go ahead and keep it. Now I just hope to get my shipping charges as promise by Ivyskin to me for taking them so long to deliver my case. :rolleyes:

Their case would have been a success if only they have been forthcoming with their stocks and shipping delays and better customer service. So now the saga continues as I await for how long they will keep their promise to refund my shipping charges. I'll keep you guys posted. :rolleyes::cool:

I like the case as well but it does have a lot of watermarking on the back.

DeePeezy
Aug 7, 2010, 09:47 PM
Don't let these positive reviews fool you. This case is complete crap. Creak or no creak this case does not fit right. No matter how many times you put this on it just leaves you feeling that the case just doesn't fit. The watermarking problem on the back of the case should be enough reason not to buy this case. It doesn't take a Nasa engineer to figure out that had they brought the sides up a little more to make it more of snap on case so that there was minimal contact between the back of the case and the back of the phone this probably would have resolved the watermarking problem. This case also damaged my invisible shield on the back of the phone. I made the mistake of purchasing two of these cases and they both suck. I can't even use these as a paperweight or a door stop, that's how useless these things are.

maclocoo
Aug 8, 2010, 01:42 PM
I got this case finally after almost 10 days and when I call them they said the wait was due to design update! Anyway, it looks amazing and well worth the $15

I got a cheap version similar to this case from Amazon but after receiving the reception case, I can now appreciate the differences and its manufacturing.

Here we go:

1. This is super thin just as they said it would be, you wont notice you have a case on
2. The case fits exactly like it's suppose to.
3. There is a coating on the plastic which makes it very smooth and nice to hold/grip.
4. There are no lines or mold markings of any sort on this case which is all over my cheap case I got from Amazon.

Best of all I now have a full reception ;)

I'll post a youtube when I get a chance next week.

TB07-NJ
Aug 8, 2010, 06:53 PM
Look like IVYSCAM is fighting back today. They are sending out their shills who have never posted before to post good reviews of their crappy product on all the boards. If IVYSCAM had half a brain they would at least let them participate and post for a few days before posting the fake reviews immediately after signing up. If you want to read fake reviews just go to their website and read the reviews that were posted WEEKS before the product even existed.

glen e
Aug 8, 2010, 07:18 PM
I can attest to the low quality of this case. Search here and you'll see I have posted about all 6 cases I own. The ivyskin is no more than an ebay cheap piece of plastic. Stay away.

awaiting the agent 18 clear case this week.

DeePeezy
Aug 8, 2010, 07:47 PM
Look like IVYSCAM is fighting back today. They are sending out their shills who have never posted before to post good reviews of their crappy product on all the boards. If IVYSCAM had half a brain they would at least let them participate and post for a few days before posting the fake reviews immediately after signing up. If you want to read fake reviews just go to their website and read the reviews that were posted WEEKS before the product even existed.

Exactly, I was going make a post similar to yours but you beat me to it. It's happening in the other ivyskin reception thread as well.

SaintsMac
Aug 8, 2010, 09:44 PM
I can attest to the low quality of this case. Search here and you'll see I have posted about all 6 cases I own. The ivyskin is no more than an ebay cheap piece of plastic. Stay away.

awaiting the agent 18 clear case this week.

Are you talking about the clearshield? That case looks interesting but I am not sure about the frost design. Please let us know how you like the case.

maclocoo
Aug 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
I see every time someone mentioned Ivyskin or as you put it ivyscan ;) you got all excited and posted something derogatory?!! It looks like you live right next door to them in Jersey. Did you not get your last paycheck from these ppl or something!
I just posted like many others on this thread my view of this case no need to get all fired up dude. After all it's just a $15 case.
BTW, just because you had too much time in your hand and started posting on this forum couple of months a head on me, doesn't make you special :rolleyes:

TB07-NJ
Aug 9, 2010, 04:56 PM
I see every time someone mentioned Ivyskin or as you put it ivyscan ;) you got all excited and posted something derogatory?!! It looks like you live right next door to them in Jersey. Did you not get your last paycheck from these ppl or something!
I just posted like many others on this thread my view of this case no need to get all fired up dude. After all it's just a $15 case.
BTW, just because you had too much time in your hand and started posting on this forum couple of months a head on me, doesn't make you special :rolleyes:
It's amazing how just about everyone posting glowing reviews for IvySCAM and their Deception case seems to be a brand new poster joining the day of their first post with the glowing review being their 1st post. That plus the fact that NO negative reviews ever make it to their website PLUS 75% of the POSITIVE reviews on their website were posted weeks before the case ever shipped. Why have all these folks suddenly come out of the woodwork to make their first post and it just happens to be in this thread?

So if you think there is more of a chance that I formerly worked for them (been here for 2 years with 500+ posts) vs. the sudden arrival of 1st time posters whose first post just coincidentally is this thread that's fine. Wish I had access to IP addresses here. ;)

Sorry .... if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it ain't chopped liver.

Edit: I probably do have too much free time. I'm retired. A card carrying member of AARP & the gray panthers. I've put in my 60+ years. Over that time I've never accepted being misled, lied to or scammed by a seller of any product. The $15 cost of the case has nothing to do with it. I piss away that much for lunch just about every day. It's simply the principle.

maclocoo
Aug 9, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's amazing how just about everyone posting glowing reviews for IvySCAM and their Deception case seems to be a brand new poster joining the day of their first post with the glowing review being their 1st post. That plus the fact that NO negative reviews ever make it to their website PLUS 75% of the POSITIVE reviews on their website were posted weeks before the case ever shipped. Why have all these folks suddenly come out of the woodwork to make there first post and it just happens to be in this thread?

So if you think there is more of a chance that I formerly worked for them (been here for 2 years with 500+ posts) vs. the sudden arrival of 1st time posters whose first post just coincidentally is this thread that's fine. Wish I had access to IP addresses here. ;)

Sorry .... if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it ain't chopped liver.

It looks like you are much more passionate about these *******s than me... you won

I post what you like to hear... Here it is:

Ivyscam sucks, their $15 piece of crap is too expensive for me, I have to return it ASAP. The case broke my iPhone's screen.

Wait, I dont have a iPhone 4 yet, I've been using this on my 3GS, mybe that's the reason...

I hope this review is more to your liking. I think from your 676 posts, 600 of them are about ivyskin hehheheheh

TB07-NJ
Aug 9, 2010, 05:15 PM
It looks like you are much more passionate about these *******s than me... you won

I post what you like to hear... Here it is:

Ivyscam sucks, their $15 piece of crap is too expensive for me, I have to return it ASAP. The case broke my iPhone's screen.

Wait, I dont have a iPhone 4 yet, I've been using this on my 3GS, mybe that's the reason...

I hope this review is more to your liking. I think from your 676 posts, 600 of them are about ivyskin hehheheheh

'Bout time you got it right.

cello2456
Aug 9, 2010, 05:51 PM
After waiting forever for the Reception to arrive ( please feel free to look at all of my previous posts of me complaining about Ivyskin ) the case is actually OK. I ended up letting my husband use it and he is pretty happy with it. Up until now he had been using an iphone Bumper, but was a little worried about leaving the back screen unprotected. So now he has a Decal Girl decal on the back, a BSE on the front and the Ivyskin Reception case. Watermarking is definitely an issue, but he does not have any creaks or groans, and the case fits well!

I ordered an Reception knock off for $3 off of eBay and I am just as happy and I have a table top lip on the front of mine. I did email Ivyskin and ask them refund my postage as they said they would. Not holding my breathe on that!

SaintsMac
Aug 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
After using for several days now, I have to say that I like the case alot. I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I have not had any of the major issues that have been reported by many others except for the watermarking but as Maverick suggested-using the back protector that it came with reduced that condition to where it is almost nonexistent.