PDA

View Full Version : iTunes doesn't recognize the one iPhone backup I need...?

gopherhockey
Aug 2, 2010, 07:52 PM
Ok, so I broke down and played with the jailbreak.... my goal was to see how it was, then restore my Aug 1 (pre-jailbrake) backup.

So I restored the phone and was prompted to select a backup... and of course all my iPad and iphone backups are listed EXCEPT the very one I need.

I know this was a successful backup. What gives? Is there a way to trick iTunes into seeing it?

When I look inside the folder it appears the same as most others (other than dates of files) No "control" files appear missing.

This would be similar to restoring from iTunes on another PC perhaps?

Grrr... how did I not know this would happen.

I do have a backup from immediately before I started the revert and assume I can probably restore that one sans jailbreak but am curious about where my Aug 1 backup went missing in iTunes.

gbowen426
Aug 9, 2010, 04:24 PM
bump.. i'm having this same issue. any way of finding that file??

-aggie-
Aug 9, 2010, 05:12 PM
Neither of your backups are missing. They donít exist. iTunes does a new backup every time now, and doesnít give you dated backups any more. Yes, itís stupid. In the future, you should save your backup folder somewhere to get back an older backup. And yeah, it sucks to have to do this. I have no idea why Apple decided to go this route, but maybe if you complain to Apple they might fix this.