Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldimac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
I know this is probably a really dumb question but I didn't see it anywhere else - anyone care to just guess when the next version iPad may be. Someone a lot more savy about Apple and their product updates care to take a guess?

Thanks. :p

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Very hard to guess, especially since there hasn't been a revision to base guesses on yet. There are many other threads about this if you search the forums.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
My guess they will be yearly updates in April.

A good guess. Apple usually releases their devices on the same month (a week or two late or advanced) every year. iPhones and the iPod lineup had been pretty consistent with their respective schedules. There has been talk that Apple isn't very favorable of putting iPad releases every April because the excitement for it suddenly dies down a few weeks later when iPhones come out as scheduled. So some speculate it's wise for Apple to push out the iPad at the same keynote as the iPods (September). So if this has weight, then we might get the second iPad generation on September 2011. So a calculated speculation of April or September is safe. If you don't have one yet, get it now or you'll have nothing to play with until then especially if it's September. Then just eBay it if you want a newer model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.