Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greylee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Okay. I am really OCD and when I want to do something I want it now! so I didn't wait for the reply in the other post. and just installed the PS front and back film and put on my bumper. It works PERFECTLY together!. so yea, my PS film is not 100% perfect, it's about 98% perfect, coz there are a couple little bubbles at the edges by the cut-outs. but they are really minor. It does differ a little bit from set to set. No one can produce 100% identical products anywhere. so just finger crossed that you get a perfect set. however, I can say all PS sets are damn close, if not perfect. I love them! and please NOTE: they are made in JAPAN and assembled in US. you have to know Japanese make awesome stuffs! they will not put their name on things that are not awesome. so yea definitely go get these PS films. Plus the bumper i put on works perfectly with these films. not bubble up or anything and the bumper actually secure the film onto the screen by covering up the edges.
I personally don't like the soft, wet applying film, eg. ZAGG. I bought and applied ZAGG film, didn't like it. Tore it off then tried the case-mate one, the same. Tore it off and finally got PS film which is exactly what I want.

And I am trying to order a white bumper, as I have a black one now. and definitely ordering a back up set of PS film just for security. (yup this is how OCD I am :p )
well hope this help you guys decide what protective gear you want for your iphone. And save you some money. (I have bought 2 sets protective films, ZAGG and case-mate and a Griffin case. Then I finally found the perfect combination: PS front+back film and bumper. so yea I spend like 100 or so bucks just to finally figure out this perfect combination) :D

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
You're not alone, whoever applies screen protectors or utilize cases have some form of OCD.

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I really hate fingerprints..I'm using those cheap AT&T ones while I wait for my power support 3-piece full body kit. Still processing =/

greylee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I really hate fingerprints..I'm using those cheap AT&T ones while I wait for my power support 3-piece full body kit. Still processing =/

well I like glistening shine of the screen so I can live with the finger prints. otherwise the PS matted one works great. I pre-ordered mine 3 piece pack...I think it was 2 weeks ago. and got delivered last tuesday. absolutely love them.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Wow I'm the same way, and found my perfect combo zagg back ps front with bumper.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I put a zagg on the back of my girlfriends and really screwed it up. so when I got mine i used gloves and really took my time. my back is pretty much PERFECT. the bumper pushes up the sides a little bit but nothing noticeable. I'm thinking about getting the PS for the front. it doesnt take away from the screen at all? that was my worry with the zagg. I have 2 zagg fronts that I didnt even use.

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Mine came out perfect when I installed them on Saturday. But I'm ready to pull them off already. The fingerprints are horrible. You have to clean your phone so much and its like it always leaves streaks. To get it perfectly clean you need to use a damp cloth and a clean dry microfiber. My wife noticed this on hers also. The factory glass is so much better, so I might remove them.

greylee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I put a zagg on the back of my girlfriends and really screwed it up. so when I got mine i used gloves and really took my time. my back is pretty much PERFECT. the bumper pushes up the sides a little bit but nothing noticeable. I'm thinking about getting the PS for the front. it doesnt take away from the screen at all? that was my worry with the zagg. I have 2 zagg fronts that I didnt even use.

oh totally! when I applied my ZAGG, I used the canned air thing, and gloves I 'stole' from my lab. it was a project! but PS is super easy to install.
IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

the PS works just fine. no in fact perfect! :D

greylee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Mine came out perfect when I installed them on Saturday. But I'm ready to pull them off already. The fingerprints are horrible. You have to clean your phone so much and its like it always leaves streaks. To get it perfectly clean you need to use a damp cloth and a clean dry microfiber. My wife noticed this on hers also. The factory glass is so much better, so I might remove them.

I really don't really mind the finger print and stuff. plus i always have a microfiber cloth with me. and I wash my hands all the time (a personal thing :p) so it is not really a problem for me.

if you are really bothered by the fingerprints, get the anti-Glare HD film. the reason I don't like ZAGG film is that i hate that material. it's just not sleek feeling to the phone after the ZAGG. but yea, bumper works perfect with the films :)

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Update

I removed mine tonight and what a difference in keeping clean. Just one wipe and all gone. You really don't notice until its gone. I did not throw them away. I clean out spare bathroom mirrors real well, lifted them off with scotch tape, and put them on the mirror.:D Then if I want I can apply again real easy.

greylee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I removed mine tonight and what a difference in keeping clean. Just one wipe and all gone. You really don't notice until its gone. I did not throw them away. I clean out spare bathroom mirrors real well, lifted them off with scotch tape, and put them on the mirror.:D Then if I want I can apply again real easy.

HA, smart!
I just like the whole glistening and shining of the phone so much I am willing to take on the fingerprints.. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.