PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a DMG image on a jailbreaked device

vrenken
Aug 3, 2010, 02:10 AM
Is this possible?

Is a jailbreaked iPad/iPhone capable of mounting these images using the default available programs?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Vrenken

kainjow
Aug 3, 2010, 03:40 AM
I'd be very surprised if it did, but don't know 100%.

I can't remember exactly the details, but isn't the diskarbitration daemon in OS X responsible for managing them? If that's not there and that framework isn't there, I'm not sure what can be done.

If you have a non-encrypted, non-compressed DMG you might be able to use open-source code to read the file system directly, but that's ugly, but most likely you have a compressed DMG.

What are you trying to do exactly?

robbieduncan
Aug 3, 2010, 03:47 AM
What are you trying to do exactly?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983011

vrenken
Aug 3, 2010, 07:00 AM
Hello!

i get confused by all webistes that contain information regarding mounting of dmg files.

And if mounting is not possible, what about something like the snippets below:

dd if=xcode_2.4.1_8m1910_6936315.dmg skip=323904 | gunzip | pax -r

For other versions of the sdk you will need to find the offset of the correct Archive.pax.gz. You can do this with these 2 commands:

od -t x1 xcode.dmg | grep '^[0-7]*000 1f 8b' > offsets.txt
awk '{ print $1 }' offsets.txt | while read x; do dd if=xcode.dmg skip=$((0$x / 512)) count=1 | gunzip | cpio -t | grep -q MacOSX10.4u.sdk && echo $((0$x / 512)); done 2>/dev/null

Source: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-dev/wiki/Building

Is this possible on the iPad / iPhone?
How do i find out what commands are and are not supported on IOS?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Vrenken

robbieduncan
Aug 3, 2010, 07:10 AM
How do i find out what commands are and are not supported on IOS?

I'm not sure there is an officially maintained list (by Apple). They don't really ever want you shelling out to Unix commands from your app. The jailbrake community may have one but on here most posters are not interested in jailbrake app writing...