Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I am getting my first mac (yay!!:D:apple:) Next Week. Specs are listed below.

PowerMac G4

Dual 1.45 GHz Motorola PowerPC G4 Processors
2GB DDR SDRAM
250GB Seagate Barracuda HDD (SATA?)
Mac OS X 10.5.11
ATI Radeon 9000 (iThink?)

My main machine is a Dell Studio XPS 435MT with Windows 7. My Monitor is A Dell S2309W 23'' LCD. It has One DVI and One VGA port. My Windows box is plugged into the DVI Port. The Powermac box has DVI and ADC. My Cousin has alot of display adapters that he said he would bring so I could connect the PowerMac to the VGA port on the monitor. But it comes with the fat Black Apple Pro keyboard. I Have no room on my desk. I'm using the Dell USB KB/Mouse that came with my Windows box because it has a comfortable design. How do I connect the KB/Mouse (USB) to the PowerMac and the Windows Box? I Thought maybe a KVM but i am on a $30-$50 Budget. Thanks!

-the:apple:geek

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
You can use a KVM Switch. They are typically around $25 new. This way you can share one keyboard, mouse, video(sometimes audio) with both your Dell and Mac. Make sure you get a DVI version with USB. You can use either keyboard so which ever one you like more can be used for both machines.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
You can use a KVM Switch. They are typically around $25 new. This way you can share one keyboard, mouse, video(sometimes audio) with both your Dell and Mac. Make sure you get a DVI version with USB. You can use either keyboard so which ever one you like more can be used for both machines.

Thanks. Could you give me a link to a good KVM switch. Plus, I'm in Northwestern Ohio! haha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.