Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Hey,

Woah, I just looked at Apple's stock price..

It's at $61.13 (up $6.14 (11.13%))

The main reason I think it because one analyst changed their apple target from $52 to $100 (Gene Munster from Piper Jaffray). He increased his target price because from 200 ipod users surveyed, PJ noted that 13% either have bought or will buy a mac within 12 months as a result of a positive iPod experience..

Also, I imagine buzz from the UK apple store has helped the share price a bit.. :)

Damn, i wish I bought apple stock!

--Asif

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Yes, I have been thinking about getting some Apple shares. Certainly, I can't see them going anything but up and up, and just keep on looking at the success of iPod! Last year, we couldn't believe it when the iPod sales caught up with the Mac. Now, they're up hundreds of percent on last year. What will it be like next year? I say Apple needs to ensure they get as many factories as they can producing iPods and then stay on top of the game.

Good to see it translating into Mac sales too. Awareness of Apple is starting to increase and it's starting to look nice and rosy for them. :)

They just mustn't get too complacent.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
had my apple shares back when they were only 25. I'm happy that they have more than doubled. I see the stock going up and up, until there is some problem like iPods explode if charged for to long, something like that will be the only thing that drives the stock down.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
yep, apple's uk retail initiative is going to help too - I imagine that the london store is going to break-even within a couple of weeks (there were people waiting outside the store to get in before it opened at 10am this morning.

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
yep. Picked my AAPL up at $24. I'm planning on hanging onto the majority of the shares until the end of 1Q. This is turning out to be a fantastic holiday selling season for Apple.

Also, I'm expecting a slight bump at the end of this week on news of more iTunes stores (Canada + others?).

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
asif786 said:
yep, apple's uk retail initiative is going to help too - I imagine that the london store is going to break-even within a couple of weeks (there were people waiting outside the store to get in before it opened at 10am this morning.
I certainly couldn't get over how many iMacs and computers were being bought on opening day there. I thought most people would just maybe pick up a case or a mouse or something. :p

It's a pity Apple won't disclose the leasing cost - I bet it wasn't cheap! But I don't think you can put a price on the advertising good that it does, especially in the lovely building it is, not to mention it's just down the road from Hamleys and Libertys and can be clearly seen from Oxford Circus.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
johnnyjibbs said:
I certainly couldn't get over how many iMacs and computers were being bought on opening day there. I thought most people would just maybe pick up a case or a mouse or something. :p

It's a pity Apple won't disclose the leasing cost - I bet it wasn't cheap! But I don't think you can put a price on the advertising good that it does, especially in the lovely building it is, not to mention it's just down the road from Hamleys and Libertys and can be clearly seen from Oxford Circus.

The Times quotes the leasing cost as £1.5million a year.. :)

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
Hmm I've got some shares right now.. The bad thing is they're not AAPL :p I'm thinking if I should sell them and invest on Apple. I guess this isn't the moment to do it anyway.. maybe next time the stock hits $30 or so.

I'm not very willing to stress about my stocks, but seeing the potential AAPL has I could increase the sum of money pretty quickly since it seems like Apple isn't going out of market any time in coming years.

stoid

macrumors 601
Lets see, 13% iPodders get a Mac. By the end of this holiday season Apple will be somewhere around 7 million iPods. 13% of 7 million is 910,000 Macs! WOOHOO!!!

Edit: Just to note, Apple only sold 836,000 Macs in the last quarter (ending 10/13/04) so that is a siginificant amount of machines!

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
stoid said:
Lets see, 13% iPodders get a Mac. By the end of this holiday season Apple will be somewhere around 7 million iPods. 13% of 7 million is 910,000 Macs! WOOHOO!!!

Edit: Just to note, Apple only sold 836,000 Macs in the last quarter (ending 10/13/04) so that is a siginificant amount of machines!

Now that's the kind of math i like!
:)

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I don't like to brag, but what the heck... Most of my AAPL has a cost basis of around $8.00/share. I guess I'm going to owe a lot of tax one of these days. What an awful problem! :D

BTW, I've been here before I don't plan on being an idiot this time around. I'm building a stop order under at least some of my AAPL.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
This is awesome news especially since I still own 450 shares purchased between $17-$22. Was so close to selling at least half of it when it hit $50.

Since I bought my iPod 14 months ago, I have got 7 people to buy one. One has already taken the plunge and bought an iBook. He got a friend to buy an iPod and he also bought an iBook. 2 people in my office who got iPod after seeing mine are about to buy new iMacs (both have made me promise to help them switch which I am happy to do). Another has been asking a lot of questions about switching.

After seeing this thread earlier today, I asked all 3 in my office why they were considering a Mac. 2 said that the iPod was the best electronic device they ever purchased and that feeling has transferred to Macs (my pushing them certainly helped) and the other said I once told him that I sold computers for 13 years and all I ever owned was a Mac. He said that meant a lot.

All I have to say is I'm helping my stock rise daily! :D

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
My dad's a pretty big stock trader, I told him to buy back in june. He said no, and in august he told me how apple made a big mistake with their imacs. Now look at it, what a stock noob. ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Looks like we have redundant threads going on here. This is the original thread (started earlier than this one, at least) if you want to continue your discussion there or comment on other posts made in that thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.