Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Ok so i received my brushed steel skin today in the mail today and it looks better than i expected.

First of all they are a little thinner than the carbon fibre texture skins that you can buy from various places.They are simple to place on like the other skins and can be taken off and re-applied.The brushed steel affect is coated with a thin shiny layer to protect it from being scratched and the cut out's are perfectly cut to align with the camera, flash and apple logo.

These make the phone look amazing, much better than the carbon skin i have just taken off today.It will offer protection from scratches like the other skins but will not protect from a hard fall or bump.

Sorry about the pictures i had to take from my imac because my point and shoot is not working.

Skins available from this ebay shop http://shop.ebay.co.uk/skin-itskins/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

jxint.jpg

wVgRV.jpg

Hj8Nu.jpg

barachus

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
looks great, i have ordered one!
and i have also ordered a white gelaskin!
and then i saw the wow cases and ordered 2!
now i dont even know what i am going to put on the damn phone! :D

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
looks great, i have ordered one!
and i have also ordered a white gelaskin!
and then i saw the wow cases and ordered 2!
now i dont even know what i am going to put on the damn phone! :D

Lol i know i had a red icolourwrap, carbon skin, red apple logo on yesterday removed all that so i could have this one on :)

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Is this one metal or vinyl?

Well its neither.Its thinner than a carbon skin etc but it can be taken off and re-applied so long as you save the paper it came on.

Really suprised how good it looks to be honest!!

Edit: saw that you seen the material :)

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Took me a minute to realize why it was so familiar. I had a case like that for my iPod Video a few years back.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Took me a minute to realize why it was so familiar. I had a case like that for my iPod Video a few years back.

Yeah i remember watching a tutorial video a few years on how to get the brushed affect on the back of ipod touches it looked really good!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.