PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Pictures w/ iPhone through iTunes

chiching
Aug 3, 2010, 10:47 AM
I've got a iPhone 3GS running 4.0.1 and mac OS 10.6.4, iTunes 9.2.

iTunes just won't let me sync my photos. I've tried to reinstall the 4.0.1 firmware, reinstalled iTunes but it doesn't work.

I had this problem before when I tried to add a picture to the iPhone - but it didn't let me. So someone said - remove the iPod Cache Folder, so I did and now I can't sync any pictures.

What happens is that when I press "Syncronize" - it syncronizes - but no pictures added.

The Camera Roll is fine - it's just when I try to add something from a folder.

I've tried different folders, removed everything to do with iPod Cache Folder. The picture I'm trying to add is a .jpg.

I installed iPhoto to see if that makes any difference - but no .. it's still the same.

On my PC it works just fine, no problem what so ever.
Syncronizing music on my mac to the iPhone works fine too.

What's going on?

dreams
Aug 3, 2010, 12:29 PM
I had the same issue and clearing the iPod cache didnt resolve it. What I did was, a restart. All photos back in its place in my 3gs :D

chiching
Aug 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
What did you restart? And did you do anything more than a restart?

-aggie-
Aug 3, 2010, 03:42 PM
What did you restart? And did you do anything more than a restart?

He rebooted his iPhone.

zachcheatham
Aug 3, 2010, 03:47 PM
I had this same problem recently. Every time it was ready to sync photos from iPhoto, it would stop and say that it couldn't sync my iPhone because a file could not be found. I rebooted everything over and over and couldn't figure it out.

I actually had to take all of my photos out of iPhoto, deleted the library and rebuilt it from scratch. I think there was some kind of corrupt file in my iPhoto library. It also tried to sync iPhoto with an older iphone to see of I had to restore my phone but it did the same thing

But now its working perfectly. Very strange.

Are you getting an error or something when it attempts to sync your photos?

chiching
Aug 3, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'll try to rebuild everything from scratch. No, I'm not getting any errors - and that is really annoying, because if I got one, I could just look for the error.

iPhone is capable of handling .jpg files? No matter what size it is, right?

chiching
Aug 3, 2010, 04:59 PM
Seems as I've solved it.

What I did was I reinstalled 4.0.1 and when iTunes asked me if I wanted to sync to my iTunes backup, I rejected it.

The bad part is that all your contact and e-mails and notes will be gone. If you don't make a backup.

But if you backup everything through SSH or iPhone Explorer then you should be fine.

Here's a guide how you make a backup of notes, sms, numbers etc.
http://www.bukisa.com/articles/191526_easy-way-to-backup-iphone-contacts-sms-notes-call-history

It takes probably .. 10 minutes for everything to be set as normal.

So, there you go. Hope this helps you.