PDA

View Full Version : iPhone sync problem with .m4a file

Jackson2
Aug 3, 2010, 10:54 AM
I have had my iPhone for almost a year and have had no issues until about 2 weeks ago. Now every time I connect to my desktop to sync, iTunes freezes up mid way through the sync, and an "Adding Files" window pops up stating that it is "Processing 20100718 204803.m4a". At this point the sync will not complete and I have to shut iTunes down. I have searched, found and deleted this file, but it will reappear and cause the same issue. I have also uninstalled and then re-installed iTunes but the problem persists. Any thoughts?

Frenchjay
Aug 3, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have had my iPhone for almost a year and have had no issues until about 2 weeks ago. Now every time I connect to my desktop to sync, iTunes freezes up mid way through the sync, and an "Adding Files" window pops up stating that it is "Processing 20100718 204803.m4a". At this point the sync will not complete and I have to shut iTunes down. I have searched, found and deleted this file, but it will reappear and cause the same issue. I have also uninstalled and then re-installed iTunes but the problem persists. Any thoughts?

Try changing the m4a file to an mp3 one using this free software.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/switchaudioconverter.html

Once you have done that delete the m4a and use the mp3. Empty the trash with the m4a then restart the comp and connect to see if the problem persists. Make sure the mp3 works before you delete your m4a file though!!

Jason B
Aug 21, 2010, 05:15 PM
I'm having this exact same issue! I think the file is from the voice memo recorder, and I downloaded "iphone browser" and that's what it shows. How to I rename these to mp3? as I think they are hidden in the phone? The stranfe thing is it shows in itunes "backing up voice memos from iphone" and after it's done, then it shows, "backing up" again, and then the .m4a.

HELP

daddatch
Aug 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
At first, I thought the files were originating fromn my computer, and I tried to delete all of them.. I was able to determine they are indeed voice memos from the iphone which are trying to backup onto my itunes. I am a songwriter who uses the voice memo feature prodigiously, so I am hesitant to try the next obvious solution: delete all voice memos from my phone, then try synching.

dellem
Sep 5, 2010, 02:56 AM
I had same problem on Windows 7 64 Bit.
Just downloaded Itunes 10
Problem now seems fixed for me!:)