PDA

View Full Version : 3GS + IOS4 + camera = brick!

TheChinski
Aug 3, 2010, 01:53 PM
On holiday and have missed loads of wonderful shots cos iPhone hangs for around 3 minutes every now and then when switching to camera.

I regularly close unwanted apps but it still happens randomly. All was perfect under previous OS. I've experienced no improvement only pain.

Is it easy to switch back?

Arkanok
Aug 3, 2010, 02:14 PM
On holiday and have missed loads of wonderful shots cos iPhone hangs for around 3 minutes every now and then when switching to camera.

I regularly close unwanted apps but it still happens randomly. All was perfect under previous OS. I've experienced no improvement only pain.

Is it easy to switch back?

That doesn't sound normal to me.. But assuming that when you say "Is it easy to switch back?" that you're referring to going back to OS 3, if so, then it's not exactly hard, it's just likely a bit annoying because you're going to need to find the OS 3 firmware somewhere. You can likely find it by searching google fairly easily, then once in iTunes, plug your phone in, click restore while holding option on mac or shift in Windows I believe.

mKTank
Aug 3, 2010, 03:18 PM
You'll likely have to use iRecovery or RecBoot to get it to boot after that.

But yeah, it seems your phone is faulty or something. One thing I noticed in iOS 4 with my 3GS is that it takes pictures way faster than it did on iOS3. It can take like 3 pictures a second as opposed to 1 picture every 2 seconds on iOS3.