Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I'm displaying a table of data on a mobile optimized site and the width of the table overflows the site. So, I've set the overflow to scroll but I'm afraid a lot of users aren't going to know about the two finger scrolling (plus I'm not sure how scrolling within embedded scrollbars work on other platforms) so I am wanting to make this one little table section be capable of scrolling horizontally with one finger to make it simple. Anyone know of a way to do this?

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007

eponym

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
You could just generate a prompt reminding them of the 2-finger scroll action.

Or you could create large left/right "scroll" buttons that pan the the table within its container.

I'm not sure if it's of any help (I still haven't bothered to check it out) but jQuery's touch library is in beta right now @ jqtouch.com

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
You could just generate a prompt reminding them of the 2-finger scroll action.

Or you could create large left/right "scroll" buttons that pan the the table within its container.

I'm not sure if it's of any help (I still haven't bothered to check it out) but jQuery's touch library is in beta right now @ jqtouch.com

Problem with this is they may not be on an iPhone.

Don't like this option as sometimes the table will be taking up the enter screen. Wouldn't want them to have to keep scrolling up to reveal the buttons and then scroll down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.