PDA

View Full Version : In Kind of A Weird Situation with SIMs..

rayjay00
Aug 3, 2010, 03:56 PM
I've lurked this forum for a long long while now, but found all the info I ever needed in posts. Thanks!

My problem is this - I have an inactive 3GS with the new software (my old phone) and a jailbroken iPhone 4. I want to jailbreak/unlock the 3GS in order to sell it, but since it is inactive, I can't access the new web based jailbreak. I would just switch SIMs in order to do it real quick, but I know the iPhone 4 has a smaller SIM. Will there be a computer based jailbreak out? If not, any ideas on going about doing this? Also, is the unlock available for this jailbreak/phone? I checked the Dev Team blog, but I'm quite new to all this. Thanks a lot for your help!

NEOFOLLOWER2
Aug 3, 2010, 04:47 PM
get a microsim to sim adapter for a few bucks (+shipping)
somewhere online

same concept as miniSD adapters

jarrodtb
Aug 3, 2010, 05:14 PM
Restore the old 3GS with the old SIM in it... it will activate, but shouldnt transfer your service from your iPhone4 to your 3GS as AT&T has deactivated that SIM... atleast it shouldnt... mine didnt earlier today. You should then be able to remove your SIM and have access to your phone. Connect via WIFI to jailbreakme and proceed with the JB. That worked for me atleast, earlier today.

rayjay00
Aug 3, 2010, 07:58 PM
Restore the old 3GS with the old SIM in it... it will activate, but shouldnt transfer your service from your iPhone4 to your 3GS as AT&T has deactivated that SIM... atleast it shouldnt... mine didnt earlier today. You should then be able to remove your SIM and have access to your phone. Connect via WIFI to jailbreakme and proceed with the JB. That worked for me atleast, earlier today.
Alright, I'll give it a try - thanks a lot!