Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt550

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I still have not received my refund for the bumper I bought for my iPhone. It was bought at an Apple store with my debit card. They told me today it could take up to 30 days. Are there others still waiting?

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Go to the Store

I would highly recommend going to the Apple Retail Store, where you purchased the bumper. I went round and round with Apple Customer Support and the Retail Store, and finally went in. All they had to do was verify that no refund had been processed, and then issued me a refund in cash (even though I paid with a debit card).

As an aside, I received a call from Apple Customer Care today. The gentleman who called told me I would need to go to an Apple Retail Store to obtain a refund. When I asked him why Apple's website stated that refunds had already been issued, and that I could check the status of the refund on Apple's website, he said he needed to, "verify that." I told him not to bother, since I had already received my refund. Long story short, I do not think the Apple Customer Service representatives have much of an idea of what is going on.

matt550

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I would highly recommend going to the Apple Retail Store, where you purchased the bumper. I went round and round with Apple Customer Support and the Retail Store, and finally went in. All they had to do was verify that no refund had been processed, and then issued me a refund in cash (even though I paid with a debit card).

As an aside, I received a call from Apple Customer Care today. The gentleman who called told me I would need to go to an Apple Retail Store to obtain a refund. When I asked him why Apple's website stated that refunds had already been issued, and that I could check the status of the refund on Apple's website, he said he needed to, "verify that." I told him not to bother, since I had already received my refund. Long story short, I do not think the Apple Customer Service representatives have much of an idea of what is going on.

I did go to the Apple store I bought the bumper at. The manager said it could take up to 30 days. The Apple web site refund status says "no refund issued for this receipt number" or something like that. I'll just wait.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
still nothing yet. called apple yesterday, supposed to get a call today or tomorrow regarding my refund from an expert advisor? we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.