PDA

View Full Version : Feeler - iPod 3G For Sale

StarbucksSam
Nov 22, 2004, 03:56 PM
Hey guys,

I am CONSIDERING but not promising to sell my iPod 3G 15 GB. It's in good condition with no known issues, I even just had Apple check it out because I was afraid that it was having battery problems, but it passed their test and they are sending it back to me as we speak.

This is the standard white iPod 3G with the four buttons that light up red. The only substanard things - this iPod does have "Sam's iPod" on the back, but that's something that a case would cover without any kind of problem - plus, if someone steals it, you can say that yours said "Sam's iPod" on the back and you bought it from someone named Sam. ;)

Also, the iPod does have minor "scratches". I put that in quotes because they aren't SCRATCHES, they are just little marks on the case that happen with normal usage of any iPod.

If you are interested, please make an offer. I'm not giving a starting offer because I'm waiting to see what I can hear. I will accept PayPal and shipping is a flat $9.90 in the US.

StarbucksSam
Nov 22, 2004, 09:06 PM
I've changed my mind, this is no longer a feeler.

The iPod is OFFICIALLY for SALE. I am asking $249 but I can agree to take off $15 because it is already personalized. That should make you feel a little better about having "Sam's iPod" on it. The iPod is in good working order, and despite the fact that I thought the battery was declining (I'm so paranoid), Apple has tested it and found it to be fine - it should be back in my hands in about 2 days.

$234 is less than the iPod mini which provides you with only 4 GB of space, this gives you 15. Just because it's pre-owned does not mean it's not a good deal - and it's valued on EveryMac.com from 175-325. Please bare in mind that that INCLUDES the 10, 15, and 20 in that range that is given, so I put myself somewhere in the middle around 250. I'm giving it to you for less than its value, and it will cost you another ten bucks for shipping in the US.

I can have this out late this week and I'll send it US Priority. PM me with questions or post.

rozwell
Nov 23, 2004, 06:40 AM
I've changed my mind, this is no longer a feeler.

The iPod is OFFICIALLY for SALE. I am asking $249 but I can agree to take off $15 because it is already personalized. That should make you feel a little better about having "Sam's iPod" on it. The iPod is in good working order, and despite the fact that I thought the battery was declining (I'm so paranoid), Apple has tested it and found it to be fine - it should be back in my hands in about 2 days.

$234 is less than the iPod mini which provides you with only 4 GB of space, this gives you 15. Just because it's pre-owned does not mean it's not a good deal - and it's valued on EveryMac.com from 175-325. Please bare in mind that that INCLUDES the 10, 15, and 20 in that range that is given, so I put myself somewhere in the middle around 250. I'm giving it to you for less than its value, and it will cost you another ten bucks for shipping in the US.

I can have this out late this week and I'll send it US Priority. PM me with questions or post.
i tried to sell my same exact model in probably the same condition, but with out the customization, and all offers were sub $200. and just so you know, students can get a mini for $229 :)

ps. i hate starbucks coffee, but their chai tea is good!

StarbucksSam
Nov 23, 2004, 09:32 AM
You make an interesting point. I will let it go for $220 plus shipping. I think that's a really fair deal. Any takers?

StarbucksSam
Nov 24, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hello. Just wanted to let you all know that as of now, I am still asking $220 plus shipping - however the scratches from normal usage have been significantly reduced by my use of Brasso which has been very helpful. There are still scratches but they are so minor, and if you bought a brand new one you'd have them within a week of regular usage anyway - so this looks pretty good.

I am willing to let it go for $220 plus shipping. If you pay by PayPal and use your PayPal balance and not a credit card, I may waive the shipping depending on the deal we work out.

To recap:

iPod 3G in good condition, up for sale. Knocked off some cash because of "Sam's iPod" on back, but this could actually some day be used to help identify your iPod if god forbid it's ever stolen.

$220 plus 9.90 shipping anywhere in lower 48 states - available immediately.

StarbucksSam
Nov 24, 2004, 04:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5734316774

It's up for sale on eBay.