PDA

View Full Version : Apple retail stores....takings?

asif786
Nov 22, 2004, 04:51 PM
Hey,

I was just thinking to myself, I wonder how much the flagship apple stores take in each day?

Now, I mean how much money exchanges hands, not how much profit. that's an entirely different question which i dont think any of us can answer.. :)

I've only been to the london store, and I would estimate that the store takes in at least 100,000 each day. It seems a high estimate, but I passed today and the 5 mins i was in the store, there was a long queue at checkout and I saw a couple of people buying powerbooks / imacs.

Of course saturday was a big day for the lonbdon store. I heard an employee saying that all 300 lucky bags sold within 45 mins, that's 75,000! I know apple didnt make a profit on these, but it's still cash coming into apple.

So, how much do you think your local flagship sells each day?

--asif

superbovine
Nov 22, 2004, 06:19 PM
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=107357&p=irol-index

jared_kipe
Nov 22, 2004, 08:13 PM
I've been in both of the local seattle apple stores probably 20 times or so. And every time somebody is buying a powerbook/ibook, and usually a person buying a imac/powermac/display. Now my average visit probably runs less than 10 min, so if you consider that every 10 or 20 minutes somebody should be buying a system worth over a $1000 then you could see them raking in well over $50,000 a day when you take into account the ipod and software sales. I don't think I've ever been in an apple store that was anywhere near empty.

superbovine
Nov 22, 2004, 09:12 PM
if you actually followed the link you could just read their report because they are a public company and report their earrnings you wouldn't have to guess.

asif786
Nov 23, 2004, 03:30 AM
if you actually followed the link you could just read their report because they are a public company and report their earrnings you wouldn't have to guess.

Sure, but that doesnt give the specifics for flaghsip stores, and plus it's less fun :P

superbovine
Nov 23, 2004, 09:51 AM
Sure, but that doesnt give the specifics for flaghsip stores, and plus it's less fun :P

yeah but it gives total retail sales for the store then you can just divide :P