PDA

View Full Version : Invisible shield streaking

ajohnson253
Aug 3, 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm sure someone has went over this I can't find it though call me blind. I just got my replacement for my invisible shield. Someone installed it at the kiosk. The left side has a major rainbow effect the whole left side. Does this go away or will the rainbow effect stay?

SFStateStudent
Aug 4, 2010, 02:14 AM
Not sure about the "rainbow effect" but my wife's IS turned yellow on the left and right sides for some reason. We had them installed for FREE when we turned in an old case and went "NAKED" at Macworld SF '08. Had 'em replaced for free...:eek:

ajohnson253
Aug 4, 2010, 03:02 AM
Not sure about the "rainbow effect" but my wife's IS turned yellow on the left and right sides for some reason. We had them installed for FREE when we turned in an old case and went "NAKED" at Macworld SF '08. Had 'em replaced for free...:eek:

Yeah after a while yellowing starts. That happened on one of my phones a couple of years ago with heavy use. This rainbow streaking effect is gettin on my nerves. I have a feeling it won't go away. I think I'm going to take off the front invisible shield. Leave the rear on. I just really don't want to end up scratching the screen by accident.

Kabir8
Aug 4, 2010, 03:50 AM
Rainbow effect will stick around especially if its skin oils.

Any moisture causes it really. Ever sneeze near a television or your monitor? Light refraction through moisture causes the "rainbow effect"

Now as for my advice, this will happen on any glass screen but you can control the cover.
ZAGGs keeps the moisture on it more, and its harder to wipe off..it smudges more than anything.
I just returned mine, I suggest you ask yourself if you still like the IS after several days of dealing with this.

I would suggest a dry install shield, I myself got a Power Support Crystal Set, and it works sweet, feels like a stock screen (as close to it) and whenever I get this streaking, it goes away very easily wiping it against some cloth preferably microfiber.

ItsJustafnPhone
Aug 4, 2010, 03:56 AM
give it a few days

that rainbow is probably just fluid that needs to evaporate

if you can clearly move some of the liquid do so, but if it doesn't move, don't mess with the zagg shield, messing with it when it dries can also leave rainbows that don't go away.