Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john2360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Hi Everyone, I am in need of some advise please. I am trying to play a couple of games on my mac mini 2010 and when they play full screen I only get 4:3 display and I cant get it to stretch to widescreen. I have tried all resolutions but the game still goes to 4:3 when I select fullscreen.
I have my Mini connected to a 40" tv via HDMI.

Any help would really be appreciated

John

indg

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
is 4:3 the proper aspect ratio for the game? if so, the game is telling your system to display it at 4:3. you'd need a feature in the monitor itself to stretch it to fill the screen if that's what you prefer.

if the game's proper aspect ratio is widescreen, but it's squishing the pic to fit inside a 4:3 frame, then there is an issue somewhere (either between the game and os, or the os and the display). need more info to troubleshoot.

john2360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
is 4:3 the proper aspect ratio for the game? if so, the game is telling your system to display it at 4:3. you'd need a feature in the monitor itself to stretch it to fill the screen if that's what you prefer.

if the game's proper aspect ratio is widescreen, but it's squishing the pic to fit inside a 4:3 frame, then there is an issue somewhere (either between the game and os, or the os and the display). need more info to troubleshoot.

Hi, Thanks for you reply, I am waiting for the game developer to get back to me but the same game under windows will display at in widescreen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.