Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clembo1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
These now look ideal for recording and for the more budget concious, are now a viable alterntive to a mac pro for recording using Logic.

As i see it, all applications including logic can go on the SSD with the HDD used exclusively for saving projects to. Will eliminate external drives for recording (obiviously needed still for backup) I dont use any other software for recording aprt from Logic so this seems a great solution once my 2007 Macbook Pro bites the dust.

Anyone else going to go this way?

vrockob

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
Orange County CA,
These now look ideal for recording and for the more budget concious, are now a viable alterntive to a mac pro for recording using Logic.

As i see it, all applications including logic can go on the SSD with the HDD used exclusively for saving projects to. Will eliminate external drives for recording (obiviously needed still for backup) I dont use any other software for recording aprt from Logic so this seems a great solution once my 2007 Macbook Pro bites the dust.

Anyone else going to go this way?
would you also record the audio to the 2nd internal drive (not SSD) or keep an external firewire audio drive?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.