Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phantom1812

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
This is a topic which has very little coverage on t'internet, so I thought I would ask here.

The basic principle is that I would like to build in the ability to mirror the main iPad screen for our full application on an external monitor for presentation/demo purposes.

The only example I can find of someone doing this, is via the UIScreenCapture API which is not apparently being rejected from the App Store submissions.

The thing is, there is a lot of user input and many different views being added and removed and moving around, so I need to 'globally' push everything out to the external monitor as well as on the iPad - so the smallest amount of code, the better!

Can anyone point me at an example or offer any guidance on getting my app to mirror in an official manner?

FWIW - I know I can get an app via jailbreaking, which just pushes everything out to another monitor/projector, but this is something that I need to offer 'officially', as we have other presenters out there with zero technical sense!

Cheers!

newtoiphonesdk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
As I have understood recently they have been rejecting the straight up screen capture apps that developers have been using. I think the article I read about it was on TUAW or Engadget. You can still have Video Out for Movies like what Air Video uses, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.