PDA

View Full Version : line-in on the 15" AlBook

ExoticFish
Nov 22, 2004, 11:54 PM
so i broke down and bought a headset so i could use it with games/voip and i tried plugging the mic into the line-in and i get no sound. i know it works cause i used it on my PC with no problem. any ideas?

cb911
Nov 23, 2004, 04:12 AM
i think there's a setting in System Preferences where you can specify the input device. is that set to 'built-in' (or whatever it's called)?

ExoticFish
Nov 23, 2004, 01:11 PM
yeah i changed the input device from built in mic to line in and there's nothing.

i couldn't find a lot of stuff on the Apple forums about it except that someone was saying that the line-in wouldn't work with anything at wasn't powered... that would suck if that's the case, anyone know anything about this?

jackieonasses
Nov 23, 2004, 01:19 PM
yeah i changed the input device from built in mic to line in and there's nothing.

i couldn't find a lot of stuff on the Apple forums about it except that someone was saying that the line-in wouldn't work with anything at wasn't powered... that would suck if that's the case, anyone know anything about this? Unfortunately, Yes. If you have a ps2 or xbox, use the usb headset. That is powered. I wish they would pre-amp there jacks.