PDA

View Full Version : iWork.com and Pages

EthanNixon
Aug 4, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone else is having troubles sharing their Pages documents with iWorks via the Pages application on the iPad. I am trying to reinstall the application now. I keep getting an error saying that iWork.com can't be reached, and to try again later, but the website works fine.

I hope I am not the only person having this problem.

Thanks,
Ethan Nixon

EDIT****
Good news is, reinstalling the application worked. The bad news is, it is because I changed my MobileMe password. Basically, there is no way to change your login information with Pages and iWorks.com on the iPad. I hope this will be fixed in the next update because I change passwords frequently.

EthanNixon
Aug 4, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hmm.

I can upload documents now, but when I view them in Safari the text is all white.

http://public.iwork.com/document/?a=p1036393909&d=Importance_of_Peripherals.pages

See if the text is viewable to you guys.

Thanks.

testcard
Aug 4, 2010, 03:59 PM
Text looks fine to me and perfectly legible.

EthanNixon
Aug 4, 2010, 04:02 PM
Text looks fine to me and perfectly legible.

Which browser are you using?

It is readable on Firefox for Windows, but not Safari for Windows. Ironic.

testcard
Aug 4, 2010, 04:08 PM
Looks OK in both Safari and iCabMobile on my iPad.

EthanNixon
Aug 4, 2010, 04:14 PM
Looks OK in both Safari and iCabMobile on my iPad.

I can view it on my iPhone and iPad. I just want to be able to read the comments left by editors, which is only available through the desktop version of iWork.com. -_-

autoball
Aug 7, 2010, 03:10 PM
My second attempt -

i have downloaded a bank statement into pages. is there a way to export the text from pages and place each line item of info into specific column boxes of a numbers sheet?

example:
pages format -
07/07/2010 purchase location code number cost balance

numbers format -
export that so each item is placed into its separate column box

07/07/2010 purchase nashua, nh 098765 7.98 789.90

hope that is clear

thanks