Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DamonA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Alright, I know that there are quite a few of these topics on here, but I have somewhat of a special request for my screen protection.

Previous to my iPhone 4 purchase, I had the iPhone 3G. I went down to one of the local apple resellers here (no, we dont have any apple stores in Sweden) and bought a case which included screen protection. They hooked everything up for me there, and I was extremely delighted.

I've been looking for the similar package at that stores website, but nothing can be found. I ordered a case from Switcheasy (Colors) and it'll be arriving here form the UK in a few days.

To my question: This screen protection which I have right now is amazing. After almost two years of using, it has still lasted, and you dont feel that there's something on the screen when typing on it which is extremely comforting, I want the "feel" to remain the same as if you wouldnt have one. Looks-wise, I wouldnt want it to be seen, i.e. fade into the phone itself, not be bumpy and all.

I'm basically looking for the best for what I'm looking for. Yeah, I know that sounds confusing. But are there any other specifications? If so, please explain them so I can say yes or no to them.

Thank you a lot, and this post has just relieved me incredible as I've yet not ordered screen protection.

10x

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Nearly all of the glossy screen protectors out there will look fantastic and you'll barely even notice they're on your phone. Only drawback with these is that most of the are fingerprint magnets and smudges up the screen.

The anti-glare/anti-fingerprint ones combat the fingerprint issue quite well however you'll notice that they're on. They sort of make the screen look a little speckled. And, obviously, the mirrored screen protectors look great but they both make the screen a fingerprint magnet AND you can barely see anything on the screen.

I believe any of the olephobic protectors will suit both your needs making the protector clear and fingerprint resistant. You should stay away from any of the cheapo protectors since most of them are crap. I think either PowerSupport makes some nice ones. ZAGG is, personally, hit or miss for me since I've had nothing but bad experiences with those.

schoff0310

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
Southeast Florida
I particularly like the Fellowes Read Write universal screen protectors. It has a cutting guide so as to fit on the inside area of the screen that you use. It is great. My case doesn't interfere with it and it goes on without bubbles very easily!

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
I went with the PS front and back kit. it comes with a crystal and anti glare but I hate the anti glares! I tried to get it without it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.