PDA

View Full Version : "Charging not supported" workaround?

econoar
Aug 4, 2010, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know of an app/workaround to enable charging through cables that are no longer supported? My car has an iPhone plug which used the old Firewire charging technique (which apple no longer supports) and I can't charge my iPhone in my car. I have a convertor from Griffin which lets me use it, but I'd rather just find an app/script that rids of this issue all together.

Does anyone know of a solution?

The original Bose Dock has the exact same problem.

Intell
Aug 4, 2010, 03:59 PM
It's a hardware issue. Something that software cannot fix. If you want/need to keep using the same charger you need to use an adapter.

FireSokar
Aug 4, 2010, 04:10 PM
popup blocker on cydia can disable the message.

WhatAmI
Aug 4, 2010, 04:14 PM
If you get popups like this every time you plug in your accessory or charger, try issuing this command from a login shell:

/bin/launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist

If you ever want to put that daemon back in place it's probably there for a reason you do this:

/bin/launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist

econoar
Aug 4, 2010, 06:33 PM
If you get popups like this every time you plug in your accessory or charger, try issuing this command from a login shell:

/bin/launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist

If you ever want to put that daemon back in place it's probably there for a reason you do this:

/bin/launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist

I'm assuming that will just block the popup and not actually allow the device to charge?

Intell
Aug 4, 2010, 06:37 PM
It's a hardware issue. Something that software cannot fix. If you want/need to keep using the same charger you need to use an adapter.

Reading is key.