PDA

View Full Version : Chinao "Slim Line" Leather Case for iPad

jedolley
Aug 4, 2010, 09:00 PM
I figured this case should have its own thread since it's currently being discussed in the Yoobao thread. This case was first mentioned by SchneiderMan here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10684308&postcount=680. It appears to be VERY similar to the Apple iPad Case, but in a nicer leather like material.

I purchased one just a moment ago and it's supposed to ship out early next week.

http://shop.ebay.com/*******dottcom/m.html?_nkw=chinao&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

gigaguy
Aug 4, 2010, 09:13 PM
I think it's what I want, hopefully not cheap feeling. Why the ugly? holes in the back? if its for cooling, I bet the rubber Apple case breathes less than most leathers. Will the inside flap stay tight like the rubbery apple one?
Why it took 4 months for anyone to come out with a leather Apple style case is crazy.

jedolley
Aug 4, 2010, 09:25 PM
I think it's what I want, hopefully not cheap feeling. Why the ugly? holes in the back? if its for cooling, I bet the rubber Apple case breathes less than most leathers. Will the inside flap stay tight like the rubbery apple one?
Why it took 4 months for anyone to come out with a leather Apple style case is crazy.

Weird, I don't see those holes on the back of the black version.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 4, 2010, 09:54 PM
Weird, I don't see those holes on the back of the black version.

yes there are holes on the back of all of them and yes the flap stays tight. they are noticable when the ipad is inserted,, they just help it breath..

gigaguy
Aug 4, 2010, 10:02 PM
Do you have one in hand, or referring to pix and info you got?
thanks.

jedolley
Aug 4, 2010, 10:04 PM
This pic of the back seems to differ from the red and brown. The tab looks different and there are no holes.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 4, 2010, 10:07 PM
The flap on the back is the same as the other ones,, thanks for bringing that to my attention, heck I didnt notice that, and yes there are holes in the back i will post new photos in a few....good looking out excuse the photo too tired to make it pretty

jedolley
Aug 4, 2010, 10:27 PM
The flap on the back is the same as the other ones,, thanks for bringing that to my attention, heck I didnt notice that, and yes there are holes in the back i will post new photos in a few....good looking out excuse the photo too tired to make it pretty

ugh, yeah not happy about that.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 4, 2010, 10:32 PM
ugh, yeah not happy about that.

youll find that it really is nice and that it better then the other design,,, as far as the holes your not going to see then unless your looking straight down and have a flash shinng on it... plus that flap really helps when your gripping it in one hand... it is the best case have ever had

gigaguy
Aug 4, 2010, 10:57 PM
thanks for the new photo, I hope you sell a lot, but for me, I'm tending to no. Closer to $40 maybe, almost $55 hmm. It's nicer than others in many ways, but, at the least, it's not a flattering photo, the flash hopefully overhighlights the look of the 'air' holes and the stitching, leather looks nothing special, I'd want black stitching and no holes. It's probably hard to produce a leather case this thin without some compromises.
I admit, a leather case like I expect would probably be even more, but I can live with the Apple case for now.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 4, 2010, 11:08 PM
thanks for the new photo, I hope you sell a lot, but for me, I'm tending to no. Closer to $40 maybe, almost $55 hmm. It's nicer than others in many ways, but, at the least, it's not a flattering photo, the flash hopefully overhighlights the look of the 'air' holes and the stitching, leather looks just ok.
I admit, a leather case like I expect would probably be even more, but I can live with the Apple case for now.
It does come with a matching pouch for your charger and USB cable.. Yes it is a terrible photo and does this case no justice, the stiching and the holes are not that noticable in normal light and the holes look black.. i guess i should have taking my time with the photos, but oh well i know its one of the best cases on the market and will get the reviews once in hand...Thanks for your time...

gigaguy
Aug 4, 2010, 11:23 PM
I agree, anything lit up in a shiny closeup is not gonna show how it looks normally. god knows how I look in a flashy closeup! I'll keep it on my list. maybe some more shots of the leather itself, it looked really good in the other photos. I like the black best.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 12:10 AM
I agree, anything lit up in a shiny closeup is not gonna show how it looks normally. god knows how I look in a flashy closeup! I'll keep it on my list. maybe some more shots of the leather itself, it looked really good in the other photos. I like the black best.

i will just have to wait for those that have it to be witness, it should be on gadgetmac soon i sent his today....untill then i guess it be known as ugh and ugly lmao i sold my sample cases out before i could finish my frap at starbucks today with out trying so... ill wait and then it will be great...

cal6n
Aug 5, 2010, 03:19 AM
Why do you claim that they're made of leather when they're really made of ploy-urethane?

TraceyS/FL
Aug 5, 2010, 04:11 AM
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/gumdrop-cases-surf-convertible-for-ipad/

I thought it was this one, but apparently not.

tallyho
Aug 5, 2010, 05:15 AM
Why do you claim that they're made of leather when they're really made of ploy-urethane?
Good question. I think I'd prefer a leather case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicast_leather
The use of the term "leather" in relation to this bicast treatment is considered a misrepresentation and therefore not permitted in the United Kingdom and New Zealand

Mr. Biggles
Aug 5, 2010, 05:48 AM

That's what I was thinking. It's faux leather and $55 to boot.

Seamaster
Aug 5, 2010, 07:57 AM
Looking forward to seeing some real world pics of this one. Pity about the conspicuous Chinao branding, as the basic design looks good. Will take a lot to prize my iPad out of the Yoobao V3, though.

SA22C
Aug 5, 2010, 08:35 AM
I am very interested in this case as the only thing holding me back from getting the official Apple case is the terrible material it's made from. My dad has one on his iPad and it picks up dirt and fingerprints like no one's business.

I'm looking forward to the first Macrumors review!

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 10:04 AM

no claim made of being Genuine or real leather, it clearly states that they are made of synthetic leather in the discription, not enough space allowed in the title to put the dictionary description, eg. Yoobao Leather Magic Case, not leather? Its a loosley used term for a type of material. I was not forcing anyone to buy these i was mearly showing a very nice case that is thin light weight and overall a very nice case in a forum full of people looking for thin cases.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
no claim made of being Genuine or real leather, it clearly states that they are made of synthetic leather in the discription, not enough space allowed in the title to put the dictionary description, eg. Yoobao Leather Magic Case, not leather? Its a loosley used term for a type of material. I was not forcing anyone to buy these i was mearly showing a very nice case that is thin light weight and overall a very nice case in a forum full of people looking for thin cases.

You state "leather" in the ebay listing header, which draws people in, and they might not have a clue that "PU Leather" isn't "real leather".

The problem is, to "most" people, leather is like the definition says - some sort of animal hide.

leather |ˈleər|
noun
1 a material made from the skin of an animal by tanning or a similar process : [as adj. ] a leather jacket.
2 a thing made of leather, in particular
• a piece of leather as a polishing cloth.
• short for stirrup leather .
• ( leathers) leather clothes, esp. those worn by a motorcyclist

So calling something that isn't made from animal skin "leather" - isn't cool (and i understand that it isn't just you doing it - i didn't know this before reading about cases for my iPad though!) in a lot of peoples books.

When most people state they want "leather" - they want the real McCoy, not a man-made substitute that is created to fool the eye.

jedolley
Aug 5, 2010, 10:37 AM

I think people are being too nit picky about this. Just about every "faux" leather product on ebay states leather in the title, and MOST of them don't clarify it in the description.

Kevikvedotcom has been very straight forward with this product. His description is more detailed than most and when I placed my order he sent me an e-mail making sure I was aware that the product doesn't ship until Monday. Also, when there was a discrepancy between the mock-up photos and the actual product he took ownership of the issue and corrected it. Even though I might not be as excited about this case as I initially was, I appreciate the communication and service that I have experienced with this seller.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 10:39 AM
You state "leather" in the ebay listing header, which draws people in, and they might not have a clue that "PU Leather" isn't "real leather".

The problem is, to "most" people, leather is like the definition says - some sort of animal hide.

So calling something that isn't made from animal skin "leather" - isn't cool (and i understand that it isn't just you doing it - i didn't know this before reading about cases for my iPad though!) in a lot of peoples books.

When most people state they want "leather" - they want the real McCoy, not a man-made substitute that is created to fool the eye.

Im sorry for my wrong, im done out addios....

TraceyS/FL
Aug 5, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think people are being too nit picky about this. Just about every "faux" leather product on ebay states leather in the title, and MOST of them don't clarify it in the description.
I don't shop ebay but like twice in all my 41 years. I wouldn't know what is done - and I imagine that might be similar to a lot of other newbies. I do know to scour the description and be cautious, and i know that people put things in their titles to show up on searches.

Kevikvedotcom has been very straight forward with this product. His description is more detailed than most and when I placed my order he sent me an e-mail making sure I was aware that the product doesn't ship until Monday. Also, when there was a discrepancy between the mock-up photos and the actual product he took ownership of the issue and corrected it. Even though I might not be as excited about this case as I initially was, I appreciate the communication and service that I have experienced with this seller.
That is the type of stuff that "we" (at least myself) wants to hear about regardless of the product. Communication is key in customer service, and he has done well.

Im sorry for my wrong, im done out addios....
Oh please don't go - really, that isn't what I meant by posting. I just wanted to show that when I think "leather" - i think "cows" - and a lot of other posters do too. Obviously the UK and New Zealand don't allow the terms to be used interchangeably, which is interesting in itself. I had no clue what "bicast leather" was until just a few minutes ago!

I really appreciate that in your description you stated PU Leather - i've clicked on a variety of things over the years that didn't, and THAT is huge. I'm not a big ebayer at all (ok, understatement of the year) and recognize totally that you are not doing/saying anything different than anyone else is doing.

For me, i'd have to be able to touch the product to know if i'd be happy with it. Feel is important to me - it's probably why i haven't sprung for another case for my iPad - none to try out in my neck of the woods.

Options in cases are awesome - and I'm hoping that by Christmas there will be even more choices.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 12:51 PM
244044Looking forward to seeing some real world pics of this one. Pity about the conspicuous Chinao branding, as the basic design looks good. Will take a lot to prize my iPad out of the Yoobao V3, though.
Here

klho001
Aug 5, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hi folks, 1st post here.
I bought a black one from ******* 2 days ago when I was in the bay area and he asked me to chime in since I actually have the case. Not related to him in anyway :-)
just some observations:
1. The case is really quite high quality in person. I like the synthetic leather, seems easy to keep clean and leaves no marks like the Apple one. No funny smell too
2. Stitching ok so far; nothing coming loose like my Macnally (sp?) one. I kinda like the holes at the back, but its more design than function anyway
3. For me after going thru many ipad cases, I still came back to the Apple one cos its the most lightweight while still protecting the ipad, and you can view in landscape mode. But the outer material still got to me, until this :-). so really I just needed someone to follow Apple's design but make different materials, esp on the outside. This is the 1st one I've seen so I jumped on it!
4. Viewing on landscape mode is a little unstable

That's it. I can't attest to long term quality and all, but thats my impression.

jedolley
Aug 5, 2010, 05:35 PM
It wasn't so much the holes in the back that bothered me, but the pattern of the holes. The pattern looks like a $ and the first thing that comes to mind is "Bling", which isn't my style. :p

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hi folks, 1st post here.
I bought a black one from ******* 2 days ago when I was in the bay area and he asked me to chime in since I actually have the case. Not related to him in anyway :-)
just some observations:
1. The case is really quite high quality in person. I like the synthetic leather, seems easy to keep clean and leaves no marks like the Apple one. No funny smell too
2. Stitching ok so far; nothing coming loose like my Macnally (sp?) one. I kinda like the holes at the back, but its more design than function anyway
3. For me after going thru many ipad cases, I still came back to the Apple one cos its the most lightweight while still protecting the ipad, and you can view in landscape mode. But the outer material still got to me, until this :-). so really I just needed someone to follow Apple's design but make different materials, esp on the outside. This is the 1st one I've seen so I jumped on it!
4. Viewing on landscape mode is a little unstable

That's it. I can't attest to long term quality and all, but thats my impression.

As with many cases with this design they become more stable as the stiffness of the bindings loosen takeing that little curve out. mine took about a week before it became stable in landscape, and to be honest the only time i use that view is when i was breaking it in,, i use mine for work,, i like my 55" screen better for watching movies, And just so you know jedolly i have one with no holes comming in my next shipment just for you,,,,, lol i couldnt sleep last night thinking about all those holes that i will have on Monday lmao
Thanks K

gigaguy
Aug 5, 2010, 06:55 PM
Well, I didn't know that PU leather means plastic. I thought this was real leather. His auction is misleading (as many others are). If I had bought one I would have returned it and left appropriate feedback.

Can't you make a buck by being clear on your auction? I do not agree that just because you put PU before the leather that its clear it's not leather.
and for lowering your price... but adding the difference to shipping. this saves him some ebay fees over his first pricing setup. ebay charges fees based on the sales price.
sorry I got sucked in. It's a plastic case with holes in it.

jedolley
Aug 5, 2010, 08:29 PM
Well, I didn't know that PU leather means plastic. I thought this was real leather. His auction is misleading (as many others are). If I had bought one I would have returned it and left appropriate feedback.

Can't you make a buck by being clear on your auction? I do not agree that just because you put PU before the leather that its clear it's not leather.
and for lowering your price... but adding the difference to shipping. this saves him some ebay fees over his first pricing setup. ebay charges fees based on the sales price.

I really don't know what you expect the guy to do. He tells you exactly what it is. PU Leather is the correct term, so it's not like he's being misleading. If you want to know exactly what it is, look it up yourself. When you buy and item from a store that says "Faux" anything, they don't go into detail on the product what makes it Faux, most people already know that its made to look real but isn't.

PU leather actually has leather in it, not much and from what I understand usually lower grade, but it's not completely artificial like Faux. Really though, this has gotten out of hand. He's not misleading people, it's not like he's advertising it to be Genuine Leather. It has said from the start that it's PU leather and even adjusted his title to make you guys happy, and I don't think it was necessary.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 08:59 PM

WOW let me explain one thing yes lowering the price and charging shipping does lower my fees, Do you know that ebay gets paid on the total amout of the transaction? so say i sell a item for $35.00 as i do the Ver 2 Yoobao cases. ebay gets $3.80 of the sale. so i sold a product that cost me $25.00 after shipping and customs duties per unit, i pay $4.95 for free shipping that is included in that price not to mention ink, packing supplies and gas to the post office and so on. were now up to $33 oh then there is pay pal they get 1.42 so now were up to $34.32. wow im rich so if i can save a whooping >50 cents on fees yeah why not. I give ebay enough why should i pay fees on money that isnt a profit... ????
Now as far as listing items i would hope that you read product descriptions, so if i listed a 2011 Metal Mercedes on you bought without reading the description and you cam home looked in your mail box opend a small box to find out it was a model who is at fault? the seller? no the customer for not reading what is there... I clearly state all of the facts and am honest in every detail... There are alot of sellers on ebay and let me tell you the market is flooded right now with cases the same case i use to sell 50 to 60 a day for $28 i cant sell for $9 right now in fact the Yoobao Magic case i cant get $40 and i have 100 of them right here so yes we sellers have to adjust our prices sometimes. Please take a moment and read my feedback and look at my ratings you see these are the people who matter to me "my customers" not someone who views a case that you never touch a piece of plastic with holes in it... Did you read what one of my customers who purchased this case wrote???? and he paid more for it `and for me to drive to him,,, does he call it a piece of plastic with holes??? trust me wait for the review... I just dont get the hole thing. i really dont hell i didnt even pay it no mind till last nite i was just baffled its like the are noticeable yes under a big flash even my dirty socks would look white.
Thanks for allowing me to vent.
My name Kevin and soon to be an alcoholic

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 09:22 PM
Apple cases cost what $39 plus tax and shipping

Overview
Here are the features of the iPad Case:

Soft microfiber interior
Reinforced panels for structure
Lightweight enough to carry anywhere
Folds horizontally or vertically to hold iPad at an angle for viewing video or typing on the onscreen keyboard
Holes for headphone jack, dock connector port, and on/off and volume buttons

it doesnt even tell what the outside is made of and yet you purchased it?

Cart subtotal $39.00Free Shipping Shipping $4.00Savings - What's This? Estimated Tax Order Total $43

so now they say you saved $4 for free shipping first class shipping at this weight is $3.48 where did the 52 cents go??
Now look at the biggest complaint about this case,"It gets dirty and ugly fast" Its not leather??????? my case doesnt get dirty or ugly and its what $10 more and you get a matching accessory pouch with it...i keep my charger, cable and camera kit, and pogo pen in it, so in the end for $10 more i get way more value and a case that will last beyond the Apple case...Im through its "Corona Time" and then its time to personally reply back to all the beautifull feedback i recieved today... Thanks again

batman75
Aug 5, 2010, 09:48 PM
As with many cases with this design they become more stable as the stiffness of the bindings loosen takeing that little curve out. mine took about a week before it became stable in landscape, and to be honest the only time i use that view is when i was breaking it in,, i use mine for work,, i like my 55" screen better for watching movies, And just so you know jedolly i have one with no holes comming in my next shipment just for you,,,,, lol i couldnt sleep last night thinking about all those holes that i will have on Monday lmao
Thanks K

How stable is it compared with the Apple case? My apple case is not very stable and always falls over when I'm watching movies on the plane.

batman75
Aug 5, 2010, 09:51 PM

Seems to me you are slamming a product you haven't bought or used. Don't see how that helps us.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 10:20 PM
How stable is it compared with the Apple case? My apple case is not very stable and always falls over when I'm watching movies on the plane.
Well with thinness comes some give, The first week i had to say it wasnt very stable. the second week much much better.. now its great no i cant push on the top hard and it doesnt tip but you can wobble a table gentaly and it rocks alittle but it does get much better with time...i love this case and believe me i have plenty to choose from.. i just didnt know that it would be slammed so much in so little time after all the work i did working with the manufacture to give people everything that they love about the Apple case, and improve everything they disliked... I guess ill have 500 more cases to put next to the 400 Yoobao cases that dont sell, lmao but not really...
i was so excited about these cases but now the bubble has bursted... its a good thing i get sales from people that see them at starbucks and such.. they see them as a beatiful case and not a piece of plastic with holes,,, its 1/2 in thick with the iPad in so yes its not as stable as your almost 1 in Yoobao case

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 10:26 PM
Seems to me you are slamming a product you haven't bought or used. Don't see how that helps us.
if you would have bought it you also may have said "Damn i was wrong, this is a nice case" but then again a negative plus a negative is still negative.. you bought the apple case and it wasnt real leather did you keep it....
Im done here, i dont like the way this forum makes me feel,,, angry, i was just trying to help someone out that was asking about a slim case... i showed pictures and now im done with my Coronas its time for my blood preasure pills...
sorry batman75 that wasnt meant for you,just realized i screwed up

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 11:34 PM

If someone sold something for $25 with free shipping and someone sold something for $20 plus $4.95 Shipping
whats the better deal?
Answer: The $25 item because you saved $4.95 on shipping, the other guy is ripping their customers off because they dont give you free shipping..

I did a 3 day study on free shipping last week i was selling Yoobao Cases for $4.95 and charging $25.00 for priority shipping withing the USA
I was selling that same case for $39.95 with free shipping for the same length of time same listing title same start time. Want to know the results?
I sold 1 @ $29.95 that i charged more for the shipping then the case and i sold 27 @ $39.95 with the free shipping.

My point is a total price is still a total price. I have yet to have a customer ask me to raise a price because it was too low...or better yet offer to pay for shipping or even lunch come to think of it...

i off to bed and deleting my account here.. its depressing

leons
Aug 5, 2010, 11:44 PM
Don't leave! Most of us enjoy your posts! :)

kevikevdottcom
Aug 5, 2010, 11:49 PM
Don't leave! Most of us enjoy your posts! :)

you dont really mean that,,,, lmao

leons
Aug 5, 2010, 11:55 PM
I do, and I think that your case is at least amongst the best 3 of all the cases currently available. :p

Darth Maniac
Aug 5, 2010, 11:59 PM
I agree - I love the look of this case. Just what I have been looking for.

Do you sell in the UK Ebay store as well?

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 12:08 AM
I agree - I love the look of this case. Just what I have been looking for.

Do you sell in the UK Ebay store as well?

No i quit using that option i find that the UK shops here or at least i get alot of business from the UK and my fans in Russia.. Just a question cant you see our items ???

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 12:23 AM
I do, and I think that your case is at least amongst the best 3 of all the cases currently available. :p
Thank you sooooo much, finally someone i can relate too......even with the imfamous holes????? its funny i didnt even give them a second thought, and it was like a whole new thread was created about some holes that you cant even see unless you stop using your ipad and turn it upside down and stare at it, that defeats the whole purpose of having an ipad,,, i would think?,,, i tried it tonight. i flipped it over and i was amazed, i could not see the screen nor could i use the ipad... so i concluded that the holes had nothing to do with the functioning of the ipad. in fact i found out the reason they put them there was so that you could tell the front from the back. JK
More comming tomorrow
Night yall

leons
Aug 6, 2010, 01:02 AM
You say "nigh"', but you a Net Insomniac! (like me). :D

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 01:22 AM
You say "nigh"', but you a Net Insomniac! (like me). :D
no i just adapted to Chinese time i do business till 4am bet you dont catch me on before noon...

blokey
Aug 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
You should make a folio case that has:

Pockets on the inside that can fit business cards and a small notebook.
Space for a pen.
Has a stand in portrait and landscape mode.
Can be propped slightly up in landscape for ideal typing.
Has a one hand strap for easy holding.
Is leather or synthetic leather.

I haven't seen any out there like this. I'd totally buy one.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 01:55 AM
You should make a folio case that has:

Pockets on the inside that can fit business cards and a small notebook.
Space for a pen.
Has a stand in portrait and landscape mode.
Can be propped slightly up in landscape for ideal typing.
Has a one hand strap for easy holding.
Is leather or synthetic leather.

I haven't seen any out there like this. I'd totally buy one.

I am not the manufacturer in fact when i did go to china it was almost like being in a foreign country lol yes a case like that would be nice,, what i was thinking was more like puting a front and back camera on the iPad,, then you could scan the business card into you address book, and im sorry for this next one but make it so that you could use a stylus pen to take wriiten notes that isnt like writing with a piece of chalk or your finger.. more natural thus more accurate writing,,, then a note pad would not be needed,,, we could save a tree i personally love the thin case if i need to i can just toss it in my small sling bag and i have my pens, note pads and such, but i have seen what you are talking about somewhere, ill look and let you know if i find something,,, i remember it was quite bulky because you had to have two flaps so that the items in the pockets didnt damage the screen,

klho001
Aug 6, 2010, 02:06 AM
For whats it worth folks, I'm not into "bling" look either. Honestly I didnt give the holes much thought either...doesnt bother me if its there or not.
Also another member posted regarding the CHINAO words...at least on black its not that obvious. Oh and regarding the stability when displayed in landscape, i'd say it's about the same as the Apple case, or maybe even a little better, so that should give you some reference.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the case...quality, functionality, look. Think I can finally stop buying cases LOL!!

blokey
Aug 6, 2010, 02:08 AM
I am not the manufacturer in fact when i did go to china it was almost like being in a foreign country lol yes a case like that would be nice,, what i was thinking was more like puting a front and back camera on the iPad,, then you could scan the business card into you address book, and im sorry for this next one but make it so that you could use a stylus pen to take wriiten notes that isnt like writing with a piece of chalk or your finger.. more natural thus more accurate writing,,, then a note pad would not be needed,,, we could save a tree i personally love the thin case if i need to i can just toss it in my small sling bag and i have my pens, note pads and such, but i have seen what you are talking about somewhere, ill look and let you know if i find something,,, i remember it was quite bulky because you had to have two flaps so that the items in the pockets didnt damage the screen,

I'll be using my iPad as a eTextbook reader and would need some paper beside me to take notes. I personally HATE taking notes with any stylus so I would much prefer the pen and paper to have to complement the iPad. Heck, flipping back and forth in class on my laptop between slides/ebooks and my notes in Word/Pages is a pain - and a laptop has true multitasking.

Here are some things that are close - but aren't quite what i'm looking for.

iecase - Slightly too bulky, not professional looking enough, it does not look sturdy in landscape mode.

http://www.iecase.com/images/galleryHandbag/01.jpg

M-Edge Executive Folio - Doesn't prop up for landscape typing. I'm not fully digging the pockets. I love how it looks on the outside though.

http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/medge_accessories_executive_jacket.html_585011_g1.jpg
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/medge_accessories_executive_jacket.html_585011_g2.jpg

blokey
Aug 6, 2010, 02:14 AM
After watching videos I stand corrected! The M-Edge actually allows for comfortable landscape typing. I think I found my case.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 02:16 AM
I'll be using my iPad as a eTextbook reader and would need some paper beside me to take notes. I personally HATE taking notes with any stylus so I would much prefer the pen and paper to have to complement the iPad. Heck, flipping back and forth in class on my laptop between slides/ebooks and my notes in Word/Pages is a pain - and a laptop has true multitasking.

Here are some things that are close - but aren't quite what i'm looking for.

iecase - Slightly too bulky, not professional looking enough, it does not look sturdy in landscape mode.

http://www.iecase.com/images/galleryHandbag/01.jpg

M-Edge Executive Folio - Doesn't prop up for landscape typing. I'm not fully digging the pockets. I love how it looks on the outside though.

http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/medge_accessories_executive_jacket.html_585011_g1.jpg
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/medge_accessories_executive_jacket.html_585011_g2.jpg

Yeah i think thats the one i seen, thats one thing i did like about the tablet pc i once had, you could use a real pen like stylis and split the screens read on one side and write on the other, sorry guys... ill send that pic to a few of my peps that i do business with and see what i can find..

SchneiderMan
Aug 6, 2010, 02:51 AM
Chillax guys.. Received mine today and I was very surprised to see how thin this case really is! It's just as thin as Apple's iPad case. Very light-weight too. The build quality seems very good but there are just a few tiny things I see that need fixin. I cannot post my full review just yet but I'm lovin this case so far. It's definitely better than the Yoobao! No magnets, no straps. So the flap will not always stay secure but that's just the design I guess..

Anyway too much talking. Here are some pics!

*Editing sizes*

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 02:55 AM
Chillax guys.. Received mine today and I was very surprised to see how thin this case really is! It's just as thin as Apple's iPad case. Very light-weight too. The build quality seems very good but there are just a few tiny things I see that need fixin. I cannot post my full review just yet but I'm lovin this case so far. It's definitely better than the Yoobao! No magnets, no straps. So the flap will not always stay secure but that's just the design I guess..

Anyway too much talking. Here are some pics!

*Editing sizes*

Can i buy a fast vowel i am in the process of haveing some more built... so let me know so i may make any changes that may be needed,, thanks
shoot me an email to my reg email when you get a chance.

SchneiderMan
Aug 6, 2010, 03:15 AM
Just did, thanks for taking the time and effort.

Ok here are the pics:

http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/chinao%20slim%20ipad%20case%201.jpg?pictureId=6317256 http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/chinao%20slim%20ipad%20case%205.jpg?pictureId=6317320

http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/chinao%20slim%20ipad%20case%207.jpg?pictureId=6317327 http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/chinao%20slim%20ipad%20case%202.jpg?pictureId=6317315

For more pics, check out the gallery (http://www.gadgetmac.com/gallery/gadget-gallery/).

Darth Maniac
Aug 6, 2010, 03:24 AM
No i quit using that option i find that the UK shops here or at least i get alot of business from the UK and my fans in Russia.. Just a question cant you see our items ???

Yeah I can - Suppose I can order via the US ebay site :-)

Very tempted I must say...

TraceyS/FL
Aug 6, 2010, 03:45 AM
I really don't know what you expect the guy to do. He tells you exactly what it is. PU Leather is the correct term, so it's not like he's being misleading. If you want to know exactly what it is, look it up yourself. When you buy and item from a store that says "Faux" anything, they don't go into detail on the product what makes it Faux, most people already know that its made to look real but isn't.

PU leather actually has leather in it, not much and from what I understand usually lower grade, but it's not completely artificial like Faux. Really though, this has gotten out of hand. He's not misleading people, it's not like he's advertising it to be Genuine Leather. It has said from the start that it's PU leather and even adjusted his title to make you guys happy, and I don't think it was necessary.

Actually, I'm guessing I could ask most people I will encounter today if they knew what PU leather was and they wouldn't know. Which was my point in my post.

I wasn't "calling Kevin out" over his use of the term, more of the industry as a whole. People see the term leather and think "animal skin", which the outside isn't. It's that marketing game... And obviously somehow the UK & new Zealand won't allow it to be played on their turf.

It is bound to frustrate buyers that thought they were getting real leather of some sort (seriously, it wants to sub Dort for sort????), which is the risk they take in selling anyway.

It could/should be another thread on it's own.... But it's 4:44am and i'm not staring one! Lol!

SchneiderMan
Aug 6, 2010, 03:50 AM
I would wish the material would be real leather however it actually isn't that bad at all. It doesn't have a chemical/plasticky smell at least. The inside on the other hand does smell lol. It looks the part ;) You want good leather? Vaja would be your best bet. Maybe Sena too. I always read the description and right away looked to see if it was 100% real leather, which the OP stated it wasn't. Iv'e been sent "leather" cases by companies who said that their case was made from real leather but actually it was pleather.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 04:01 AM
Actually, I'm guessing I could ask most people I will encounter today if they knew what PU leather was and they wouldn't know. Which was my point in my post.

I wasn't "calling Kevin out" over his use of the term, more of the industry as a whole. People see the term leather and think "animal skin", which the outside isn't. It's that marketing game... And obviously somehow the UK & new Zealand won't allow it to be played on their turf.

It is bound to frustrate buyers that thought they were getting real leather of some sort (seriously, it wants to sub Dort for sort????), which is the risk they take in selling anyway.

It could/should be another thread on it's own.... But it's 4:44am and i'm not staring one! Lol!

PU is translated for you in the product description in which i hope people read before buying something... "Made of High Quality SYNTHETIC, i repeat SYNTHETIC Leather". Leather being the word for what is synthetic is refering too.

i had my OIL changed today at OIL changers and they used synthetic OIL. OIL being what was being synthesized

i have a plant that is fake so what do i call it ??? a fake plant, what should i call it a piece of plastic with leaves? cant do that because the leaves are not real real leaves im so happy i do not need to water my green piece of plastic.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 6, 2010, 05:44 AM
PU is translated for you in the product description in which i hope people read before buying something... "Made of High Quality SYNTHETIC, i repeat SYNTHETIC Leather". Leather being the word for what is synthetic is refering too.

i had my OIL changed today at OIL changers and they used synthetic OIL. OIL being what was being synthesized

i have a plant that is fake so what do i call it ??? a fake plant, what should i call it a piece of plastic with leaves? cant do that because the leaves are not real real leaves im so happy i do not need to water my green piece of plastic.

I haven't seen the updated listing, and if that is what you changed it to, I highly applaud you for doing so!!! That is soooooo much clearer than using PU leather.

But I also realize you are probably alone in doing so, which is the other issue. There is a sub-topic here of, "do you know what pu leather is and how would you feel about getting it when you thought you were buying leather", which isn't really about your case for sale, more of an issue with the industry as a whole. You just happened to be the catalyst to kick it off. That is why I said it should be it's own thread.

Although, I'd probably be sure to leave the term "pu leather" in there if you didn't so that someone doesn't go, "this one is synthetic leather, and this is pu leather, I'm buying the pu version because I don't want synthetic". Maybe worded as, "synthetic leather (PU leather)". If you have it that way, forgive me as I need to be in the shower and out the door for the day, but didn't want to not thank you for that change. :)

Gotta dash!

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen the updated listing, and if that is what you changed it to, I highly applaud you for doing so!!! That is soooooo much clearer than using PU leather.

But I also realize you are probably alone in doing so, which is the other issue. There is a sub-topic here of, "do you know what pu leather is and how would you feel about getting it when you thought you were buying leather", which isn't really about your case for sale, more of an issue with the industry as a whole. You just happened to be the catalyst to kick it off. That is why I said it should be it's own thread.

Although, I'd probably be sure to leave the term "pu leather" in there if you didn't so that someone doesn't go, "this one is synthetic leather, and this is pu leather, I'm buying the pu version because I don't want synthetic". Maybe worded as, "synthetic leather (PU leather)". If you have it that way, forgive me as I need to be in the shower and out the door for the day, but didn't want to not thank you for that change. :)

Gotta dash!
there also should be a thread in here named so you didnt read what you were buying....you only have so much room in the title, thats why there is a detailed product description,,,, very important for consumers to read since that describes the product titled. in and out burger sells burgers they are describeb in the menu,, you just dont say "ill have a burger" you need to look below the Tittle menu to see a description of the burger to make sure you are getting what you want,, eg a hamburger, or a double double... then i believe they ask you if you want onions. sorry was on my way there

TraceyS/FL
Aug 6, 2010, 02:56 PM
there also should be a thread in here named so you didnt read what you were buying....you only have so much room in the title, thats why there is a detailed product description,,,, very important for consumers to read since that describes the product titled. in and out burger sells burgers they are describeb in the menu,, you just dont say "ill have a burger" you need to look below the Tittle menu to see a description of the burger to make sure you are getting what you want,, eg a hamburger, or a double double... then i believe they ask you if you want onions. sorry was on my way there

I didn't buy - I'm on the hunt for a case for myself still.

But talking about in and out to a California native living in florida is cruel!!!!! :D

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 04:23 PM
I didn't buy - I'm on the hunt for a case for myself still.

But talking about in and out to a California native living in florida is cruel!!!!! :D

Just came from in and out burger, and yes i ordered the Double Double, and as it stated in the product description it came without onions so i opted to have mine with onions. Good thing i read that in the description or i may not have onion breath now..lmao

kevikevdottcom
Aug 6, 2010, 10:19 PM
Just came from in and out burger, and yes i ordered the Double Double, and as it stated in the product description it came without onions so i opted to have mine with onions. Good thing i read that in the description or i may not have onion breath now..lmao
I am felling so alone today:confused:

Darth Maniac
Aug 7, 2010, 03:26 AM
Is there any liklihood of a version being released without the holes in the back. It looks almost perfect if not for those - as someone said its not the holes so much as the bling look the shape gives. If it was just a couple of circles that would be fine.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 03:38 AM
Is there any liklihood of a version being released without the holes in the back. It looks almost perfect if not for those - as someone said its not the holes so much as the bling look the shape gives. If it was just a couple of circles that would be fine.
There is a chance but for now the holes win, im sorry im not gonna order another 500 pieces without holes untill i can do a survey on how many people spend their days staring at the back of their case rather then the front. lol
Hopefully the review will be posted soon and we can all start looking at the case being thin, lightweight, excellent quality, and just a great case. The bottom line is when i look at them i try to see bling but i still just dont get it. I see dumbells. But if you must know the real truth if i dont sell these i cant buy more....i took a beating on the Yoobao magic cases

Seamaster
Aug 7, 2010, 04:55 AM
WHY OH WHY OH WHY can't someone, anyone, simply remake Apple's case in plain black leather? No contrasting stitching, no egregious branding, no superfluous design "improvements"? Just the same case, in every other way, in leather? It can't be that the Chinese are suddenly worried about copyright! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Darth Maniac
Aug 7, 2010, 04:57 AM
WHY OH WHY OH WHY can't someone, anyone, simply remake Apple's case in plain black leather? No contrasting stitching, no egregious branding, no superfluous design "improvements"? Just the same case, in every other way, in leather? It can't be that the Chinese are suddenly worried about copyright! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree - maybe slightly less "sharp" edging though!!

stringbeanie
Aug 7, 2010, 11:26 AM
Ditto on the sharp edging.

iThinman
Aug 7, 2010, 11:49 AM
First off, no offense anyone, but....lol at thinking a <$50 case was genuine leather. I mean, come on, you would have to be extremely naive.

Anyway, I want to try this case. A couple of things....

First, did i read somewhere that the seller is located in the bay area? Southbay I hope! :) Please pm me. Maybe we can hook up at in n out or something. :)

Also, regarding the landscape stability, please review this quick (read: sloppy) video i made a few days back. http://m.youtube.com/?xl=xl_blazer&xl=xl_blazer&client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer#/watch?client=mv-google&xl=xl_blazer&v=VcN4ZzUx8E4

I am not sure what the stuff is ,but i see many products with a rubberized edge that would be perfect for preventing slippage instead of my cheap solution.

Also, if that strap I use could somehow be implemented in to the case...$$$$

Another idea i had was to have snap buttons installed so that when you position the case as i do in the video, instead of the strap, you just snap lock that case to itself.

Hopefully someone understands my rambling and that makes since. :|

Eithere way, pleases pm me and/or repost the eBay link.

Grassyass amigo

Built
Aug 7, 2010, 11:58 AM
you dont really mean that,,,, lmao

I'm new to the iPad section of MR because I JUST got my iPad the other day. PLEASE don't go. I ordered the Yoobao v. 4 from you yesterday and am also considering getting the Chinao.

I appeciate your posts.

Remember that some people can NEVER be made happy no matter what.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 01:06 PM

i can get you this case in real leather however i would not be able to sell it for $49.00 real leather costs much more, im not talking about pigskin like Yoobao. thin quality leather to keep the case thin.so it would be more in the range of $79 -$99 interested?

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 01:17 PM
I agree - maybe slightly less "sharp" edging though!!

well lets look at the benifits of the so called sharp edging,, if you really look at it it absorbs some of the shock when you drop it. it really is a great design and unless you really hold this case and not consintrate on the design on the back and look more to its functionality, thinness, and lightweight and look at it as a great case for ipad, i will sleep better at night...

TraceyS/FL
Aug 7, 2010, 01:48 PM
I am felling so alone today:confused:

Sorry.... i was gone for the day and had replied while awaiting this yummy ice cream at Buca's. It was all i could do to take my mind off of not having In-in-Out for dinner instead ;)

To be ON TOPIC, can i get a close up picture of the area around the volume buttons and screen lock switch? My daughter's Apple Case is splitting there, and i'd like to compare them to see if this will work for her as a replacement. :D

Built
Aug 7, 2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry.... i was gone for the day and had replied while awaiting this yummy ice cream at Buca's. It was all i could do to take my mind off of not having In-in-Out for dinner instead ;)

To be ON TOPIC, can i get a close up picture of the area around the volume buttons and screen lock switch? My daughter's Apple Case is splitting there, and i'd like to compare them to see if this will work for her as a replacement. :D

Yummm....I don't even like chocolate that much but that picture has me salivating.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 7, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yummm....I don't even like chocolate that much but that picture has me salivating.

It was the ultimate in dessert! LOL!! I'd actually order it with all vanilla next time though, the brownies were enough chocolate :D

Built
Aug 7, 2010, 02:02 PM
It was the ultimate in dessert! LOL!! I'd actually order it with all vanilla next time though, the brownies were enough chocolate :D

The vanilla would be awesome with the brownies. I'm jealous. :)

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 02:26 PM

sure as long as you accept the fact that i am not a great with a camera and that i will need to send it when i return this eve

SchneiderMan
Aug 7, 2010, 02:36 PM
If you guys are interested how this case looks and works, I'm uploading a vid right now. I'll post it when it's finished. :)

Built
Aug 7, 2010, 03:01 PM
If you guys are interested how this case looks and works, I'm uploading a vid right now. I'll post it when it's finished. :)

Yes, definitely. Thanks, Schneider!

SchneiderMan
Aug 7, 2010, 04:26 PM
Vid is now live (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqAsVjS8iIE

Darth Maniac
Aug 7, 2010, 04:59 PM
Ah sod it I'm gonna get one. Holes or not it will do me fine until the perfect case comes along.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 05:06 PM
Vid is now live (:
Thats a beautiful case where can one obtain one??? I just dont know about the holes...lol

Darth Maniac
Aug 7, 2010, 05:10 PM
Thats a beautiful case where can one obtain one??? I just dont know about the holes...lol

Lol - I'm picky :-)

Anyway - order placed on your Ebay store.

I'll ask the wife to get me a Vaja Agenda 2 for Xmas so this will do me fine till then :-)

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 05:20 PM
Is this case comfortable when held (in your hands only) in landscape mode with cover flap flipped around to the back?

It is to me..

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 05:22 PM
Lol - I'm picky :-)

Anyway - order placed on your Ebay store.

I'll ask the wife to get me a Vaja Agenda 2 for Xmas so this will do me fine till then :-)

well thanks for getting this as a temporary fix, whats me feel great :>)

Darth Maniac
Aug 7, 2010, 05:25 PM
well thanks for getting this as a temporary fix, whats me feel great :>)

Lol for the price the Chinao is a great case from what I can see. The Agenda 2 is just a pure luxury item that is completely not worth the cash. Thats why I want it :-)

SchneiderMan
Aug 7, 2010, 05:29 PM
Is this case comfortable when held (in your hands only) in landscape mode with cover flap flipped around to the back?

Yes very, and this is because of how slim it is and the ultrasoft suede material on the inside (: Happy :D

Seamaster
Aug 7, 2010, 07:15 PM
i can get you this case in real leather however i would not be able to sell it for $49.00 real leather costs much more, im not talking about pigskin like Yoobao. thin quality leather to keep the case thin.so it would be more in the range of $79 -$99 interested?

The form factor is more important to me than the materials. But I would definitely stump up the oof for a case that was IN EVERY OTHER RESPECT identical to the Apple case.

jedolley
Aug 7, 2010, 07:45 PM
Vid is now live (:

Schneider, thanks for the video. It's nice to see the case about as up close and personal as you can get without holding one.

Kev, I've been a defender of yours in regards to this case, but I think you beating a dead horse in regards to the "holes" comments.

Personally, I liked the look of the original picture without holes, and it wasn't just because of the holes. The tab in the original picture that holds the flap (for typing and landscape stands) looked like a nicer design (closer to Apple case). The expectation was set with that picture, I thought that was the case that I was going to get. When you clarified that it was different than what was depicted, my expectation was not going to be met and even how good looking the case still is, it's not the case I originally wanted.

If you have learned anything from this section of the forum is that people are particular about their accessories. The Chinao case is still a nice looking case, but some of us are not fans of the holes and that's ok. You can continue to make jokes about it and I'm not going to criticize you for doing so, but something tells me that might not be good for business.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 08:12 PM
Schneider, thanks for the video. It's nice to see the case about as up close and personal as you can get without holding one.

Kev, I've been a defender of yours in regards to this case, but I think you beating a dead horse in regards to the "holes" comments.

Personally, I liked the look of the original picture without holes, and it wasn't just because of the holes. The tab in the original picture that holds the flap (for typing and landscape stands) looked like a nicer design (closer to Apple case). The expectation was set with that picture, I thought that was the case that I was going to get. When you clarified that it was different than what was depicted, my expectation was not going to be met and even how good looking the case still is, it's not the case I originally wanted.

If you have learned anything from this section of the forum is that people are particular about their accessories. The Chinao case is still a nice looking case, but some of us are not fans of the holes and that's ok. You can continue to make jokes about it and I'm not going to criticize you for doing so, but something tells me that might not be good for business.

Let me just say im sorry right here in public if you take my sence of humor in the wrong way...and the reason for the change in the flap on the back is because it does stay in place better then the other design,,, and the holes im sorry if your taking that the wrong way, they have a puppose as well, they help it breath so moisture doesnt get trapped and it sweats inbetween and causes the stinch that will occure because of the slight heat while charging for a prolong time, i was just having fun and i guess i was wrong so let it be known that i am making a public apology if i offended anyone here.
:(

jedolley
Aug 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
Let me just say im sorry right here in public if you take my sence of humor in the wrong way...and the reason for the change in the flap on the back is because it does stay in place better then the other design,,, and the holes im sorry if your taking that the wrong way,, i was just having fun and i guess i was wrong so let it be known that i am making a public apology if i offended anyone here.
:(

I did not mean to imply you offended anyone, especially not me. I was just saying that maybe the comments about the holes were getting a bit old. This of course is just completely my opinion.

batman75
Aug 7, 2010, 08:53 PM
Watched the video. Here's my feedback:

1) The interior needs to be made of the same material as the outside, or at a minimum from the same material apple uses. The felt type of material attracts dust and cannot be cleaned with household cleaners like Windex. Given that the felt material forms the base when in the standing position I can imagine it picking up dirt from tables and then being uncleanable.

2) Would be nice to add some sort of closing mechanism to keep it shut. I'm not averse to magnets since I think the compass is a waste of time on an iPad. If I'm walking down the street I'm using an iPhone.

3) Just get rid of the holes in the next production batch. It lets dust in and serves no purpose. Market feedback is pretty clear on this.

4) I would pay more money for a version made from premium leather. not cheap leather. But premium like what NoReve offers. I'd pay up to 100 dollars for a case like that. But at that price point it better have a range of premium colors (like NoReve does) not just crap colors. And no writing on the case. A small metal logo like Noreve or Vaja is fine, or no logo at all. Would also like option to initial the case for $10 like Aspinal has.

I do think there is a gap in the market for a premium case Apple-like case. You got a bunch of 40-50 dollar cases, then nothing in between them and the Vaja Agenda 2 at $200.

I won't buy this one. The felt lining is the dealbreaker.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 09:57 PM
Watched the video. Here's my feedback:

1) The interior needs to be made of the same material as the outside, or at a minimum from the same material apple uses. The felt type of material attracts dust and cannot be cleaned with household cleaners like Windex. Given that the felt material forms the base when in the standing position I can imagine it picking up dirt from tables and then being uncleanable.

2) Would be nice to add some sort of closing mechanism to keep it shut. I'm not averse to magnets since I think the compass is a waste of time on an iPad. If I'm walking down the street I'm using an iPhone.

3) Just get rid of the holes in the next production batch. It lets dust in and serves no purpose. Market feedback is pretty clear on this.

4) I would pay more money for a version made from premium leather. not cheap leather. But premium like what NoReve offers. I'd pay up to 100 dollars for a case like that. But at that price point it better have a range of premium colors (like NoReve does) not just crap colors. And no writing on the case. A small metal logo like Noreve or Vaja is fine, or no logo at all. Would also like option to initial the case for $10 like Aspinal has.

I do think there is a gap in the market for a premium case Apple-like case. You got a bunch of 40-50 dollar cases, then nothing in between them and the Vaja Agenda 2 at $200.

I won't buy this one. The felt lining is the dealbreaker.

well thanks for the feedback but just so you know, the holes will be removed on my next batch, however im just a laid off single dad trying to keep a roof over his kids head and food on the table by selling a few things so i can only order so many at a time. I dont manufacture these so i cant initial them.
I can have them made in leather and as far as colors go when you have to order a min of 500 of each color its a bit out of my league to have several color choices however i can order some custom case on occation when i place orders, but with a lead time of 10 to 15 days most people wont wait.
The lining is cleanable i have had the mis fortune of spilling a carmal frap on mine and it cleans well with mild soap i dont know about windex for cleaning fabric and since the inserts in the cover are thin plastic and not the traditional cardbord they dont break down when wet and get weak and flimsy.
simply brushing the microfiber lining with your fingers wipes any lint or dust right off with no effort.. finnally it stays closed well with out closures, it had been discussed about a small piece of velcro however velcro gets nasty and magnets would add bulk and size.
Thew bottom line is that although i wish i was the manufacturer i am not i just found a great case, and truth be known people will still be looking for a better case for there ipad way after the next ipad comes out.. we all have closets and drawers full of cases that we thought would be better then the last.
I do appreciate the feedback and have made changes to my next order the problem is i need to sell these to pay for those LMAO but not really:confused:

batman75
Aug 7, 2010, 10:18 PM
I would definitely wait 10-15 days for a premium leather case in a custom colour. Can we do it?

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 10:47 PM
I would definitely wait 10-15 days for a premium leather case in a custom colour. Can we do it?
i am having a video conference tomorrow night to discuss your feedback and will ask the color choices, what color where you thinking??

brogan
Aug 7, 2010, 11:47 PM
Just echoing some other sentiments, but you've got another customer here once you get the models without the holes on the back. Otherwise this looks to be the perfect case for my needs!

kevikevdottcom
Aug 7, 2010, 11:53 PM
Just echoing some other sentiments, but you've got another customer here once you get the models without the holes on the back. Otherwise this looks to be the perfect case for my needs!

ok well the best i can do right now is loose the holes ill have them in about 10 - 12 days maybe sooner... the rest of the changes will have to be gradual.

Darth Maniac
Aug 8, 2010, 01:52 AM
i am having a video conference tomorrow night to discuss your feedback and will ask the color choices, what color where you thinking??

Real leather would be great - Id buy one!!

SchneiderMan
Aug 8, 2010, 02:06 AM
Real leather would be great - Id buy one!!

The material on it isn't that bad, it doesn't smell like plastic and it looks the part. Getting a low quality leather grade isn't worth it..

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 03:11 AM
The material on it isn't that bad, it doesn't smell like plastic and it looks the part. Getting a low quality leather grade isn't worth it..

Im starting to hate the case I love the most :rolleyes:
I may just have a contest on Monday and there will be 3 winners and each will get a case for $20, 1st place gets a choice of blk, brn or red and 2nd place gets next choice and 3rd gets whats left, and they can do their own review..
but you need to live in the US, unless you wanna pay shipping, sorry
Anyone game??

SchneiderMan
Aug 8, 2010, 03:59 AM
I may just have a contest on Monday and there will be 3 winners and each will get a case for $20, 1st place gets a choice of blk, brn or red and 2nd place gets next choice and 3rd gets whats left, and they can do their own review..
Anyone game??

Actually it's my favorite iPad folio.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 04:27 AM
Actually it's my favorite iPad folio.

Mine too and believe me i can use a different one everyday for the next 2 years right now... one must really see it in person, i will have to say after i seen the video the holes did stand out when you held it up in the light but in normal light they look like dotts, i have cleaned mine after an accidental spillage of a carmal frap,, and the lint and dirt i havent had any issues if i do pick up some i find that i can just brush it right off with my fingers, I did see some on the case in the video, but i find that cameras seem to pick up more than the human eye or im just in need of some new glasses...

Kobra
Aug 8, 2010, 04:30 AM
...finnally it stays closed well with out closures, it had been discussed about a small piece of velcro however velcro gets nasty and magnets would add bulk and size.

I'd love to see a closing system like they use on the Moleskin notebooks (elastic band). It doesn't add any weight or bulk and it doesn't interfer with the compass.

I will most likely get me one of these cases, will you update your ebaylisting when you have the new version without the holes? Also, can't you ask Chinao to remove the logo on the front, I hate to wear corporate branding...

Kobra
Aug 8, 2010, 04:33 AM
Anyone game??
Ooh, me, me, me... I'm game, though I live in outside of US :)

klho001
Aug 8, 2010, 04:53 AM
Shoot I've done my review, so I cant play LOL??

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 05:11 AM
I'd love to see a closing system like they use on the Moleskin notebooks (elastic band). It doesn't add any weight or bulk and it doesn't interfer with the compass.

I will most likely get me one of these cases, will you update your ebaylisting when you have the new version without the holes? Also, can't you ask Chinao to remove the logo on the front, I hate to wear corporate branding...

The Logo stays thats just the way it is, maybe we should all remove are Apple logos at the same time?
i have a case that i sell for $24 its better leather that the Yoobao's i sell it for a whopping $35 but people buy the Yoobao name even though the no name case is Cow leather not pig skin like the Yoobaos ,, please understand

I wish we could start calling the holes vents,,, holes is such i very annoying word to me right now. I have holes in my boxers i have holes in my socks i have holes in my jeans, ect ect ect,,,,,,, the case dosent have holes it has vetalation ports,,,

Everyone that has had this case loves it and have no complaints, but everyone that has not held this case or seen it in person hates it,

Good Night

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 05:14 AM
Shoot I've done my review, so I cant play LOL??

Yeah im sorry i havent finished all of the rules, i forgot about that, thanks K.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 05:15 AM
Ooh, me, me, me... I'm game, though I live in outside of US :)

You can play but you have to pay,,, lol

TraceyS/FL
Aug 8, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yeah im sorry i havent finished all of the rules, i forgot about that, thanks K.

I could offer up the opinion of a 14yo girl that has been using the apple case since launch.... But she's apt to send you to the bar drinking with her feedback :D

Kobra
Aug 8, 2010, 07:23 AM
The Logo stays thats just the way it is, maybe we should all remove are Apple logos at the same time?
i have a case that i sell for $24 its better leather that the Yoobao's i sell it for a whopping $35 but people buy the Yoobao name even though the no name case is Cow leather not pig skin like the Yoobaos ,, please understand

I wish we could start calling the holes vents,,, holes is such i very annoying word to me right now. I have holes in my boxers i have holes in my socks i have holes in my jeans, ect ect ect,,,,,,, the case dosent have holes it has vetalation ports,,,

Everyone that has had this case loves it and have no complaints, but everyone that has not held this case or seen it in person hates it,

Good Night
I'm amazed about your tone in all of your answers, I'd expect more from a salesperson. I'm also amazed that you say that I hate the case, have I said so? No. Regarding the "ventilation ports", I don't think the iPad needs any as my iPad never gets hot.

Good Night! :mad:

Errz
Aug 8, 2010, 07:38 AM
from the video, it looks alot like the Apple original case.

Mr. Biggles
Aug 8, 2010, 07:46 AM

Good Night

Why call them ventilation ports when the iPad has no vents intended for cooling. These 'vent' holes are not located at any point of known hot/warm spots on the iPad I know of. :confused:

If they were there to actually cool the iPad somehow, or moisture control as you alluded to earlier, then the case would have to have some sort of gap/space between it and the ipad to allow air movement. Right?

This is a pretty sleek and functional case. I actually like it and am on the fence of adding it to an ever growing collection, but to try and explain how these perforated holes are functional in any way is like flogging a dead horse. Aesthetic looking is a stretch, someones misconceived design is more like it.

They(holes) really are not that big of a distraction. You should have just stuck to that thought like you originally started off doing before getting all caught-up trying to come up with some explanation of why they are there.

You seem to be upfront with everyone, honest and a great ebayer. Stick to those great attributes.

iThinman
Aug 8, 2010, 08:38 AM
Some serious nit picks itt.

I don't care about the holes, vents, or whatever else you want to call them. I don't spend my days looking at the back of my iPad (or anything else I own). "dust will get in there!!!!", "there no space for venting!!". lol, which is it?

lol, it's like a microcosm of apple customers nose in the air attitude, right here in this very thread.

Quick, someone send a link to the smithsonian!

Medexten
Aug 8, 2010, 08:42 AM
Anyone game??

I'm down for the contest too. I like the design of the apple case, but the material they used leaves much to be desired. So I think the Chinao could be a nice improvement/fun to review...

Darth Maniac
Aug 8, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm amazed about your tone in all of your answers, I'd expect more from a salesperson. I'm also amazed that you say that I hate the case, have I said so? No. Regarding the "ventilation ports", I don't think the iPad needs any as my iPad never gets hot.

Good Night! :mad:

I think his answers are tongue in cheek rather than rude. I have ordered one via his ebay account and had a few queries and he has been very helpful.

As for the holes - yeah they aren't ideal but from the video review this is the best under 50 case I have seen yet - holes or no holes.

Kobra
Aug 8, 2010, 11:15 AM
...As for the holes - yeah they aren't ideal but from the video review this is the best under 50 case I have seen yet - holes or no holes.
I agree, I might get one until something else pops up :cool:

Seamaster
Aug 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
...this is the best under 50 case I have seen yet...

I still prefer the Yoobao "Magic" case. Protection, functionality and flexibility with no spurious branding. And change out of 35.

Rengoku
Aug 8, 2010, 12:10 PM
This is the perfect type of case for me. But since I'm in Canada, $70 (incl shipping) for a case like this is too much imo. Hopefully theres a Canadian reseller soon..:(

orpheus1120
Aug 8, 2010, 12:27 PM
and the holes im sorry if your taking that the wrong way, they have a puppose as well, they help it breath so moisture doesnt get trapped and it sweats inbetween and causes the stinch that will occure because of the slight heat while charging for a prolong time...

That means moisture will get in through the holes too.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 8, 2010, 12:37 PM
i have 70 magic cases in my shed because they stank so bad i had to move them out of the house so someone please buy them,,, make them magicly disapear please..

Do they still smell????? LOL!

TraceyS/FL
Aug 8, 2010, 12:50 PM
they stink its the first case i opened up and put back in the box and never tried out,, and the new slim stinks some as well at least the sample one i got, it was enough for me to say bye bye to my friends at Yoobao..

I hate things that smell.... the gas company guy thought i was nuts once when i called in a gas leak. Took his sniffer 30 minutes to find the leak - not me, had it pegged in 30 seconds!

i'm still trying to decide for the kid. She's going to end up with a new Apple one because hers is splitting, but I don't know if i should just let her wear that out THEN get her something else or what... i'm still pondering!

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 01:23 PM
I hate things that smell.... the gas company guy thought i was nuts once when i called in a gas leak. Took his sniffer 30 minutes to find the leak - not me, had it pegged in 30 seconds!

i'm still trying to decide for the kid. She's going to end up with a new Apple one because hers is splitting, but I don't know if i should just let her wear that out THEN get her something else or what... i'm still pondering!

well one thing is for sure we will all wind up with alot of cases when its all over,,,because there never good enough so everytime we buy one we want something better and then the the new ipad comes out and we need to start over and thats the "Hole" Truth... the sad part is ill have a "Hole" bunch of cases left..

Well i just shipped my first red CHINAO case to Florida so you do have one in Hole lywood Florida now,,, you can look at:cool:

TraceyS/FL
Aug 8, 2010, 01:34 PM
well one thing is for sure we will all wind up with alot of cases when its all over,,,because there never good enough so everytime we buy one we want something better and then the the new ipad comes out and we need to start over and thats the "Hole" Truth... the sad part is ill have a "Hole" bunch of cases left..

Well i just shipped my first red CHINAO case to Florida so you do have one in Hole lywood Florida now,,, you can look at:cool:

Ahhh but see, I let everyone shop and buy and learn from their research.

I've only bought the Speck Candyshell (for $35) for myself - and I have a 2nd one they sent me when the first arrived all scratched up, and my daughter's Dad and I bought her the Apple Case.

So i'm behind the 8 ball in the spending area - but i'm in the process of a nasty divorce and don't have much extra money at the moment, so at least i have an excuse.

Too bad I don't live near Hole-lywood FL to go check it out! Hmmm, road trip? :D

(ok, you think the holes are bad - the 14yo just walked in here to do some school work and is now off to find a different ponytail holder because "i don't like this one" - what, it is holding your hair right???? :rolleyes:)

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 01:46 PM
Ahhh but see, I let everyone shop and buy and learn from their research.

I've only bought the Speck Candyshell (for $35) for myself - and I have a 2nd one they sent me when the first arrived all scratched up, and my daughter's Dad and I bought her the Apple Case.

So i'm behind the 8 ball in the spending area - but i'm in the process of a nasty divorce and don't have much extra money at the moment, so at least i have an excuse.

Too bad I don't live near Hole-lywood FL to go check it out! Hmmm, road trip? :D

(ok, you think the holes are bad - the 14yo just walked in here to do some school work and is now off to find a different ponytail holder because "i don't like this one" - what, it is holding your hair right???? :rolleyes:)

No i have no problem with the design/holes whatever you wana call them, you see the case is what i love,,, its thin its lighwieght and is confortable to hold.. thats what i look for in a case this one has all of that plus it looks great.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 8, 2010, 02:21 PM
No i have no problem with the design/holes whatever you wana call them, you see the case is what i love,,, its thin its lighwieght and is confortable to hold.. thats what i look for in a case this one has all of that plus it looks great.

No no, i meant you think people complaining about the holes is bad... i have this girl that is complaining about the thing holding her hair back.

I actually said to her, "you can't see it - what do you care?" (similar to the, "the holes are on the back, do you look at the back" thinking! :D).

Alas, I have her typing her work into iHomework now!

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 03:11 PM
No no, i meant you think people complaining about the holes is bad... i have this girl that is complaining about the thing holding her hair back.

I actually said to her, "you can't see it - what do you care?" (similar to the, "the holes are on the back, do you look at the back" thinking! :D).

Alas, I have her typing her work into iHomework now!

oh yeah im sorry i didnt get it at first,,, yes very simular. I thought these cases were great as is, now no holes, Fine Italian leather, No Logo but personalized with initials is fine, but thats not bling bling,, oh and with magnetic closures, a windexable fabric for ease of cleaning, but if its fine leather then there goes the windex the Hole case changes again no wonder there are so many cases in this world.. and i thought zoogue was ugly.. my cases suck,,, lol

Kobra
Aug 8, 2010, 03:15 PM
A new question: The apple case has a "ribbed" section that covers the outer edge of the iPad screen, it creates a distance between the flap and the screen. How is it done on the Chinao case? Looking at the pictures it looks like the iPad is hold in place by the soft microfiber, is there any "rigidity" in it?

SchneiderMan
Aug 8, 2010, 03:19 PM
A new question: The apple case has a "ribbed" section that covers the outer edge of the iPad screen, it creates a distance between the flap and the screen. How is it done on the Chinao case? Looking at the pictures it looks like the iPad is hold in place by the soft microfiber, is there any "rigidity" in it?

Watch the video..

tallyho
Aug 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
I still prefer the Yoobao "Magic" case. Protection, functionality and flexibility — with no spurious branding. And change out of 35.

I like the design of this Chinao one, but it's just too expensive for UK shipping-it would cost 49 to buy it from the guy in this thread. A Piel Frama costs 72 including delivery! This one is clearly not made from the same quality materials. Of course if someone in the UK bought a job lot and sold them at a realistic price (about 20-25 I'd say) then I'd consider it, despite the PU material.

kevikevdottcom
Aug 8, 2010, 03:58 PM
I like the design of this Chinao one, but it's just too expensive for UK shipping-it would cost 49 to buy it from the guy in this thread. A Piel Frama costs 72 including delivery! This one is clearly not made from the same quality materials. Of course if someone in the UK bought a job lot and sold them at a realistic price (about 20-25 I'd say) then I'd consider it, despite the PU material.

Sorry cant control shipping costs, lord knows i hate paying the price to have them shipped to me,, im just glad some of my pre order customers dont feel that way i would have 28 less sales to Europe and Russia, and believe it or not i have 2 in China talk about a waste of money shipping lol
Now if you want a nice quality Leather case that is bulky like the Piel Frama i have one that is $23 only because it is a non branded case better then the Yoobao V2b or v3 whatever we have decided but the same design, with $12.95 int flat rate.

Darth Maniac
Aug 8, 2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry cant control shipping costs, lord knows i hate paying the price to have them shipped to me,, im just glad some of my pre order customers dont feel that way i would have 28 less sales to Europe and Russia, and believe it or not i have 2 in China talk about a waste of money shipping lol

I notice all the good cases seem to be coming from China - how come?

SchneiderMan
Aug 8, 2010, 05:30 PM
I'm liking this case the more I use it. I gotta say this is a great alternative to the Apple iPad Case! I would highly recommend this case when some tiny things get fixed soon. Review will follow later today.

Built
Aug 9, 2010, 01:30 AM
Issue resolved.

Young Turk
Aug 9, 2010, 05:52 AM
I'm liking this case the more I use it. I gotta say this is a great alternative to the Apple iPad Case! I would highly recommend this case when some tiny things get fixed soon. Review will follow later today.

The branding on the front cover is a dealbreaker for me. Let's see, would I rather have the Apple logo or Chinao on the front? Hmmmm. No go.

leons
Aug 9, 2010, 02:55 PM
I still think it's a very good choice at it's price point.

SchneiderMan
Aug 9, 2010, 03:35 PM
You can check out my final review of the Chinao here (http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2010/8/9/chinao-slim-ipad-folio.html).

sracer
Aug 9, 2010, 03:51 PM
If someone likes the original Apple iPad case, they'll like this. Though why they felt the need to make the same mistakes as Apple did (re: speaker holes) will remain a mystery.

SchneiderMan
Aug 10, 2010, 01:00 AM
If someone likes the original Apple iPad case, they'll like this. Though why they felt the need to make the same mistakes as Apple did (re: speaker holes) will remain a mystery.

Today I purchased the Apple iPad Case using a gift card. As soon as I took it out of the packaging it got dirty! The fit is exactly the same as the Chinao in every single aspect. Though I would prefer spending my money on the Chinao than Apple's iPad Case.. Definitely a better buy.

mcdj
Aug 10, 2010, 10:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I didn't read every post in this rather wordy thread, but has anyone determined what exactly the holes are supposed to do?

I would pay $100 for a case that follows the form and function of the Apple case, in drum dyed shrunken ("floater" according to Vaja) leather. But if it comes from China, I will be giving it the lighter test (leather doesn't melt near a flame) and if it fails, back it goes. There are very sophisticated manufacturing processes available to make PU leather look and feel like real leather, and far too many unscrupulous companies trying to pass it off as the real thing. Heck there are some eBay sellers calling the Apple case "leather".

Speaking of PU 'leather", this seems to be a mislabeling that has become so widespread it is now accepted as a legitimate description. When I was a kid, before the internet, leather meant leather and PU meant fake. The two words were not mixed.

You can see the same bastardization of the term "OEM" today. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer. If you bought OEM parts for your Porsche, they were made by Porsche and said so right on them. Somewhere along the line, the term began to be used to describe non-branded goods made in the same factory as the branded goods. Now it has devolved into simply meaning anything that looks like a branded item, regardless of where it was made...aka KNOCKOFF.

PU leather is a similar misnomer that has caught on due to unscrupulous manufacturers and sellers, and uneducated consumers. Someone posted in this thread that PU leather "contains some leather"! Lol. Seriously? As if leather were just some kind if powder you can pour into a batch of plastic...

SchneiderMan
Aug 10, 2010, 11:57 PM
^ I could not agree with you more. I can now distinguish between pleather and real leather even when some companies state that their product is leather when it isn't. And a lot of people will not know the difference.

Even reviewers tend to just say what the company states without giving their opinions as to if the materials or what ever are true to their descriptions.

Oh and those holes are just a design pattern nothing more..

SchneiderMan
Aug 11, 2010, 10:08 PM
Price went down on the Chinao case it's now $39.95.. So basically it's at the same price point as Apple's iPad case. Which I like as well but it has more cons to it.

bluespark
Aug 11, 2010, 11:09 PM
Excellent post, mcdj, and quite right. Not everyone who uses "PU Leather" intends to deceive, but the term is inherently misleading. And, as you say, OEM doesn't (always) mean what it used to.

DarkAether
Aug 12, 2010, 05:05 AM
Price went down on the Chinao case it's now $39.95.. So basically it's at the same price point as Apple's iPad case. Which I like as well but it has more cons to it.

The way I see it, neither the Apple nor Chinao will provide drop protection, so it's down to scratch protection. The fact that the Chinao has these holes in it that the Apple doesn't means that dirt, grit, etc can get into the back of the case through these holes and scratch the back of your Ipad. To me, that's a bigger con for Chinao over the Apple case. If our over-aggresive salesman can get a new batch without the holes this balance will change, until then, I'd give the advantage to the Apple case in the area of protection.

-A

iThinman
Aug 12, 2010, 07:31 PM
Order placed, thanks.

brogan
Aug 12, 2010, 07:55 PM
Excellent! Just put my order in as well :)

gigaguy
Aug 12, 2010, 08:12 PM
You're killin me here. seller smashed! all my whining points...you lowered the price to apple price (actually lower, no tax), free shipping, you're going holeless, and mostly you are available and stand by your sales, and answer questions and criticism well. not many sellers do all that.
I want leather leather, vs pu leather, but if Powersupport's folio is vaporware much longer and at $80+ship and it doesn't protect as well. I may go Chinao. hmm.