Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiceykim

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
So I am trying to SSH into my phone to change my password but apparently I can't even get into it I tried using the default alpine but it says the password is incorrect....what the heck is going on????

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Then someone already changed it, via SSH. There is a was to reset it on the iPhone. Looking into it now.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
I was coming onto the boards to ask the same question. 3GS Spirit Jb recently and I went into terminal to change defaults but I can't login to either root or mobile... Any suggestions people?

spiceykim

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I typed it just like this alpine and it wont work....this is making me mad. :mad:

spiceykim

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Yes!

I also went to that site downloard the ifile and changed what it told me too i went to log in again and nope it wont let me. I am using PuTTy to log in also don't know if that changes things. I don't know how to manually dl the mobileterminal app.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
So I am trying to SSH into my phone to change my password but apparently I can't even get into it I tried using the default alpine but it says the password is incorrect....what the heck is going on????

I'm having the same issue on an iphone4. Anybody figure this out yet?

I figured it out. After you type 'su' (without the apostrophes) is asks you to enter something. Enter 'alpine' (it looks like it's not typing anything but it is) and hit return.

Then pick up at Step 5 for these instructions.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
I'm having the same issue on an iphone4. Anybody figure this out yet?

I figured it out. After you type 'su' (without the apostrophes) is asks you to enter something. Enter 'alpine' (it looks like it's not typing anything but it is) and hit return.

Then pick up at Step 5 for these instructions.

Just follow my instructions. I was having the same issue. It's because you're entering it wrong b/c you can't see it and you think it's not working but it is.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Try installing Rock om iPhone. It may prompt you to change your password in iPhone. Normally is only asks when it detects the password is still 'alpine' but it is worth a shot.

spiceykim

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Try installing Rock om iPhone. It may prompt you to change your password in iPhone. Normally is only asks when it detects the password is still 'alpine' but it is worth a shot.

I have rock already

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.