PDA

View Full Version : iPad dock with integrated speakers

steffmoes
Aug 5, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hi there

I have searched the web for a while now but I am unable find a dock with integrated speakers for my iPad. Is there no item like this on the market yet?

I would really like to use the iPad as a stereo and I don't want any chords but still I would like to have the advantages of having the iPad stand up so you can easily browse the music library. A dock with integrated speakers would do this job, I would say....

Any suggestions?

prot0type
Aug 5, 2010, 09:51 AM
This is probably your best bet for the moment: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=971922&highlight=ihome

I'd imagine there will be more to choose from within the coming months.

andy s
Aug 6, 2010, 05:39 AM
Hi there

I have searched the web for a while now but I am unable find a dock with integrated speakers for my iPad. Is there no item like this on the market yet?

I would really like to use the iPad as a stereo and I don't want any chords but still I would like to have the advantages of having the iPad stand up so you can easily browse the music library. A dock with integrated speakers would do this job, I would say....

Any suggestions?

This is the only one I know of. Its made by Yamaha, got loads of features and the best bit?

The wireless dock works with an iPad, I've tried it and it does. Its a wireless dock and not bluetooth so plays uncompressed audio!

I've seen it here. It sounds great too.

http://www.solutions-inc.co.uk/index.php/store/ipod-accessories/speaker-systems/1875-yamaha-mcr140-music-system-ipod-dock-dab-cd-orange#magictabs_VMtabs_2

steffmoes
Aug 6, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the Yamaha model - does it provide the iPad with a stand so that it is easy to navigate? That is one of my requirements. Right now I have the iPad attached to my DAB radio with integrated speakers and the iPad is in the Apple iPad Case which does provide some stability but not quite good enough.

More tips are more than welcome....it's really weird that the market isn't flooding with iPad dock with integrated speakers...

Another option is of course to attach the iPad to some nice speakers running on batteries but then we have the whole stand / stability problem again....

prot0type
Aug 6, 2010, 10:39 AM
You could also try using an Apple dock and getting Bluetooth speakers.

I have an Insignia Bluetooth speaker from Best Buy I purchased maybe 2-3 months ago when it was on sale for $15. For the price it wasn't a bad deal, mind you the sound is only enough to fill a small to medium size room.

Or maybe a Bluetooth adapter connected to your existing stereo?

abacae
Aug 13, 2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the Yamaha model - does it provide the iPad with a stand so that it is easy to navigate? That is one of my requirements. Right now I have the iPad attached to my DAB radio with integrated speakers and the iPad is in the Apple iPad Case which does provide some stability but not quite good enough.

More tips are more than welcome....it's really weird that the market isn't flooding with iPad dock with integrated speakers...

Another option is of course to attach the iPad to some nice speakers running on batteries but then we have the whole stand / stability problem again....

Totally agree with this comment. Just look at the hundreds of alternatives for the iPhone. I have been monitoring from the time of release and still no charging doc with speakers. Something that could be used as a TV stand would be a big advantage. Where is Logitech on this huge market with there portable charges speakers that are so popular.