PDA

View Full Version : Troll Touch ships touchscreen overlay for iMac G5

MacBytes
Nov 23, 2004, 04:16 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Troll Touch ships touchscreen overlay for iMac G5 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041123171606)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

maya
Nov 23, 2004, 05:40 PM
Individuals with disabilities I see this as a good thing. However for POS usage I see the iMac G5 as an expensive option and having too much for usage a little.

Why would a POS need a CD or DVD burner, or all that power. POINTLESS. :rolleyes:

redAPPLE
Jul 21, 2006, 04:34 AM
Individuals with disabilities I see this as a good thing. However for POS usage I see the iMac G5 as an expensive option and having too much for usage a little.

Why would a POS need a CD or DVD burner, or all that power. POINTLESS. :rolleyes:

the iMac g5 is a beautiful computer. maybe they are after the looks.

or are there "good looking" tft displays around?

Shadow
Jul 21, 2006, 06:02 AM
or are there "good looking" tft displays around?
Apple Cinema Display ;)

gekko513
Jul 21, 2006, 06:08 AM

I agree that the iMac has more features and power than needed for POS, but the small footprint can be a big advantage in some places.

AlBDamned
Jul 21, 2006, 07:20 AM
I agree that the iMac has more features and power than needed for POS, but the small footprint can be a big advantage in some places.

Like the Apple Store where that's all they use If I remember right.

munkees
Jul 21, 2006, 09:55 AM
There are more place to use touch screen other than POS, I think they are cool. I do agree that the iMac has way to much power. See that the new eMac is not available for public it would of been the perfect choice.

poppe
Jul 21, 2006, 12:04 PM

Perhaps they are more for the long hall though. I used to work at blockbuster and they are using some low IBM stuff with DOS as the operating system. Or a DOS like thing. So perhaps that Imac will be flying as a POS for long time

Stupid blockbuster. FIND Green Mile, VISA 4.43, GET Joe Johnson

redAPPLE
Jul 23, 2006, 02:12 AM
Apple Cinema Display ;)

well you got me there. how about something not designed by apple?