PDA

View Full Version : G4 cube audio probs

viniosity
Nov 23, 2004, 05:00 PM
I have a G4 cube and I'm using an iMic to connect to some powered speakers. Things work fine except that on occassion the audio becomes really scratchy and distorted. Stopping the song (in iTunes) and starting it again is a workaround but it's really annoying. Anyone know what causes this or how to solve it? It's been happening since I got the thing (loaded with 10.3) and has continued all the way through 10.3.6.

The only hint I have is that it seems to happen a lot when there is network activity between the cube and my powerbook(i.e. I access the cube via Apple Remote Desktop or via ssh or something).

Any help would be really appreciated!

IJ Reilly
Nov 23, 2004, 06:57 PM
You might try posting this question over at cubeowner.com. I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, but it might be related the fact that the USB speakers on the Cube are finicky because they draw quite a lot of power from the bus.

Mord
Nov 25, 2004, 12:22 PM
he's not using usb speakers, he's using a usb-3.5mm jack converter, i'd pull out your original cube speakers and play something with them, if it still happens it's a software problem and you should re install itunes

before all of that check all your connections