Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hi,

I'm going to order the new imac in the next day or so and i'll be getting the wireless keyboard/mouse bluetooth options.

I was wondering, if I buy an additional bluetooth usb module, is there a way to also run both new and old imacs from 1 keyboard/mouse?

Old imac is 17" flat panel.

Blurb

macrumors member
May 7, 2004
I use the BT-500 mouse on both my PB 15" and my G4 17" FP iMac. I bought a bluetooth USB dongle for the iMac from Belkin, but had the bluetooth built-in with the PB.

I just don't use the two 'puters at the same time/place. But have never had a problem with this setup.

diamond geezer

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
Make sure you buy the D-Link DBT-120 USB bluetooth dongle. This is the only one that will work properly (although you need to flash it with Apple's Bluetooth software).

All other USB Bluetooth adapters will not work 100% You will find you can't awake the machine from sleep with the keyboard and also can't use system startup modifier keys (C = CD-ROM, Option = choosing boot device, Zapping PRAM etc).

READ the info that comes with your keyboard and mouse, it explains all.

drift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks for the info :) I'll be sure ang get the right bletooth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.