PDA

View Full Version : G4 modifications

Liamcow
Aug 20, 2002, 01:22 AM
i've decided that my quicksilver G4 needs to be spiffed up, i saw in a thread that someone painted their G4 red and black, so i've been trying to find websites about case mods, all of them are about PCs or alienware. any input would be helpful, thanks. (BTW: i can't do a complete overhaul on my case:D )

iGav
Aug 20, 2002, 02:58 AM
That red and black PowerMac really was a bit of a throwback to the 80's.... truely horriffic....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

If i were you, I'd find somewhere that can chrome it...... sure it'll be that plastic chrome stuff....... but I reckon it'd look pretty cool....... well cooler than red and black anyway :p

It'll probably cost you a bit as well......

groovebuster
Aug 20, 2002, 03:04 AM
http://www.appleskinz.com/

groovebuster

edesignuk
Aug 20, 2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by groovebuster
http://www.appleskinz.com/

groovebuster
WOW! That's an awsome site! Might have to get me a set of them :D

Mr. Anderson
Aug 20, 2002, 06:44 AM
Its pretty cool, but most of the designs are out of stock.

It would be nice to change the look of the machine, I might do it myself.

irmongoose
Aug 20, 2002, 07:04 AM
I've been eyeing AppleSkinz for a while, hoping they woudl release skins for the flatpanel iMac... they did say they were working on some designs, but they VERY VERY rarely update their site... those designs have been up there since about Feb.

Anyways, they can make a cover for the dome part.. looking like the globe, or a baseball dome, or whatever. I think there are many possibilities for skins for the flatpanel iMac.

If I knew how, and had the money to, I would do it.

irmongoose

Liamcow
Aug 20, 2002, 10:50 AM
wow, thanks for that link, i think i'll go with the clear shell and maybe put some LEDs inside the computer for looks :D ...or not, but maybe!!

Macpoops
Aug 20, 2002, 12:12 PM
not sure what the side is but there is something about the blueice G4 floating around in a thread. Check that out. They guy did exactly what your looking for. Clear with blue leds, a 4 port usb upfront, and a 5 inch LCD build into it. Go figure. From what i understand the paint on the plastic comes off with alcohol

DaedalusDE
Aug 21, 2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Macpoops
Go figure. From what i understand the paint on the plastic comes off with alcohol

ok, so Boris Yeltzin cant mod his powermac...