Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Tumi makes great stuff. However, I think this is extremely purse like. Looks like one of my ex's leather Coach bags. I think you can do better for the iPad for much less.

Trapped Wind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
San Francisco
I knew it! Man, finding something that doesn't make you look like Pricilla the drag queen is easier said than done. I wish the manufacturers would just commit to making bags for just men and not these transgender bags.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Personally, I say screww it. If you like the bag and are comfortable with yourself, then get it.

The Tumi you linked to looks like a leather computer bag, IMO. It is a messenger bag, looks masculine enough to me. If you want something that looks feminine, turn to Vera Bradley and her thousands of floral print bags.

And BTW, I have a Men's Coach bag for my work computer. You really think these look feminine? :confused:

coach-ss10-men-1.jpg

And this is what I carry my iPad in (only in gray. although I plan on getting the darker brown version, too):

bottegavenetawovenleathermessenger.jpeg

troubleonline

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
For what it's worth I like but wouldn't buy as looks too masculine!!

I do however love your iPad bag Hammie - especially if it was in pale-ish grey! Though granted still not feminine.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
For what it's worth I like but wouldn't buy as looks too masculine!!

I do however love your iPad bag Hammie - especially if it was in pale-ish grey! Though granted still not feminine.

Thanks, trouble! I love my bag. Not too small, but not too big. It is 12" wide by 11" high.

Hammie, where do you get your bag?

The bag is a Bottega Veneta. I got it from the Tyson's store in Virginia.

jkrutch

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2008
Personally, I like it. My question is how much (if any) padding is there? If it's padded, I might buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.