PDA

View Full Version : IE market share going down...

mcadam
Nov 23, 2004, 08:59 PM
This doesn't seem to have been posted

http://news.com.com/Firefox+cutting+into+IEs+lead/2100-1025_3-5463513.html

OneStat's statistics, based on the Web surfers' activity in 100 countries, showed that IE's market share slipped to 88.9 percent in the third week of November, down 5 percentage points from its share in May.

Mozilla-based browsers, including Firefox, rose to 7.4 percent, up 5 percentage points from May.

The new figures come on the heels of another survey that showed IE on a downward trend. Earlier this month, WebSideStory reported that IE was continuing to slip, claiming 92.9 percent of Web surfers in October versus 95.5 percent in June

IE is going downwards, and pretty fast too - 5 percentage points in half a year seem quite a bit :D

"I still believe in the end that most users will decide that IE is the best choice when they take into account all the factors that led them to choose IE in the first place," Schare said

"...all the factors that led them to choose IE..." that ***hole, no one "chooses" IE. Using it is to not choose...

A

JeDiBoYTJ
Nov 23, 2004, 09:06 PM
doesnt surprise me, i've switched every PC user I know to Firefox... and with all the media surrounding Firefox, Im sure a lot of people are curious as to all the hubbubb behind it, so they test it out.... and IE's market share going down is a sure sign that a lot of people are really choosing Firefox... and sticking with it

OryHara
Nov 23, 2004, 09:06 PM
As Zoidberg would say...
Excellent! Excellent

daveL
Nov 23, 2004, 09:45 PM
Now if we could just flush the rest of the M$ crap, we'd be in good shape.