PDA

View Full Version : HP CEO Mark Turd resigns over sexual harrassment investigation

Apple...
Aug 6, 2010, 03:59 PM
I wonder what this means for HP and Palm? :confused:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/hp-ceo-mark-hurd-resigns-over-sexual-harassment-investigation/

Statusnone88
Aug 6, 2010, 04:04 PM
Damn... what dudes will do for a piece :rolleyes:

rnelan7
Aug 6, 2010, 04:20 PM
Considering my father trained three people to do his job before he was finally laid off at HP this is the happiest news I have read all summer!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/hp-ceo-mark-hurd-resigns-over-sexual-harassment-investigation/

So much for his business ethics and morals that he preached to the company before laying thousands of employees off. This man has a wife and children also.

Highlight of the news conference -

3:28PM Dow Jones: Did Mr. Hurd provide payments to the contractor, or was this a matter of dinners and hotels? HP: We're not going to talk about Mr. Hurd, but HP paid the contractor's fees for services and her expenses -- there was a question about whether her services were actually provided.

3:29PM Financial Times: What were the services? HP: Marketing services.

darklyt
Aug 7, 2010, 10:53 AM
I'm just interested whether your thread title was intentional or not lol: "HP CEO Mark Turd resigns over sexual harrassment investigation".

rnelan7
Aug 7, 2010, 11:16 AM
I'm just interested whether your thread title was intentional or not lol: "HP CEO Mark Turd resigns over sexual harrassment investigation".

The keys are close but I don't think there is a mistake here :D

kernkraft
Aug 7, 2010, 11:19 AM
The keys are close but I don't think there is a mistake here :D

"That's what she said".

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

iBlue
Aug 7, 2010, 11:23 AM
I just got a mighty chuckle over the (rather apt) "Mark Turd" typo! Sigmund Freud may have something to say about this!

R94N
Aug 8, 2010, 02:04 AM
LOL, a bit of bad press for the company as well as him I think :D

spillproof
Aug 8, 2010, 02:07 AM
Maybe the new CEO will discount their printer inks. :rolleyes:

gn!uz
Aug 8, 2010, 05:07 AM
Perfect timing! Now all I hope is that the new CEO will bring the soul back to the company.

ValSalva
Aug 8, 2010, 06:33 AM
Looks like Hurd settled with his accuser. Must be nice to be rich...

Abstract
Aug 8, 2010, 07:07 AM
He falsified expense documents and did all this other stuff, and yet he gets a payout worth around $40 million. :rolleyes:

niuniu
Aug 8, 2010, 07:16 AM
As a CEO he did do well for HP though, which is more than I can say for some CEOs in recent history..

runplaysleeprun
Aug 8, 2010, 04:48 PM
Turd mark.......

rnelan7
Aug 8, 2010, 08:12 PM
As a CEO he did do well for HP though, which is more than I can say for some CEOs in recent history..

No doubt he brought the stock price up but he did like while drilling employees into the ground. A stock holder's dream but an employee nightmare

You can check out this link - http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Hewlett-Packard-Reviews-E327.htm

On the HP alumni forum there are countless people (human capital they call themselves) who were laid off that had Ph. D's and help multiple patents. All to hire someone else for cheap. Out with the old, in with the new. HP is now known to lack innovation and simply buy up companies who contain it. Then during the process taking the most talented employees and laying off all of the others. Think of the recent example of the iPaq and Palm (gobble gobble), granted Palm was on the selling block.

RayStar
Aug 9, 2010, 07:47 AM
Hey I like the surname HURD.

patrick0brien
Aug 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
I wonder what this means for HP and Palm? :confused:

I think his Palms were part of the problem-THANKS! I'll be here all week...

blunderboy
Aug 20, 2010, 01:24 AM
He at least did a better job than Carly Fiorina. (Who is, scarily enough, running for California Senator. Needless to say, she's not getting my vote.)

rnelan7
Aug 29, 2010, 11:17 AM
I came across this, it is pretty funny. Google 'fumh'