Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I am looking for a case or similar to put my iPhone 4 in. I want something the looks a bit "premium", and I want it in black finish. First I was thinking of a case with a flip-over front-cover such as the SGP Illuzion, but my W thinks it really looks unpractical and weird with the red velvet-linings on the inside.

So, I was thinking of something more "pouchy", but aren`t the top corners very exposed when you consider that it might drop to the ground?

black.jpg

I have also looked at the case mate "tough", but here the screen is exposed.

Can anyone point me in the direction to a case costing sub 50$ that suits my needs? I carry it mostly in my pocket and I want to have it well protected. I will keep a screen protector on in addition on front and back.

Thanks in advance!

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
protection from drop is not hte point of a pouch so it doesn't matter if the top is expose. you don't use the phone in the pouch and phones are most prone to drop when you are using it not when its in your pocket. and thus its is likely that if you do drop your phone even when you are using a pouch is when you have the phone out of it, ie naked.

Pouch is only really meant to protect again scratch while inside your pocket and maybe a clean scratch free surface to lay your phone. If you are worry about dropping ur phone and causing damagine pouch is not the product for you

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I would recommend these

I had it for my 3G and will get it for my iP4.

They look far nicer than the Sena and are cheaper too.

cwmst22

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Monaco Vertical Leather Pouch

I use this: Monaco Vertical Leather Pouch

Had one for two years for my Blackjack II and now have one for my iPhone4 (when it arrives).

Has a pocket clip that I find useful for keeping near the opening of my pocket and also for when I wear shorts without pockets (when playing sports and such). Good padding for front/back of phone when in pouch as well.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Then what do you recommend for me, I want protection for mye iPhone in addition to a layer of plastic on the front (SGP Oleophobic) but I don't want something that really makes the iPhone 4 huge or makes it look bad/unstylish.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Check out some of these: http://www.fortte.com/395/Apple-Iphone-4-leather-case/

The only thing about this site is that they are customized items so you have to wait 3-4 weeks to receive them. I purchased a STiL Vertical Pouch from them because I had the same mindset as you in terms of what I wanted for a case. The other option from Fortte that I considered was their Thin Pocket which someone else on this forum gave good reviews. They have a handful of options though so you can see if anything appeals to you, just keep in mind the wait time.

Jian001

Nov 2, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.