PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth mouse

bursty
Nov 24, 2004, 07:54 PM
does anyone have a good recomendation for a bluetooth mouse to work with my PB?

armandocerna
Nov 24, 2004, 08:36 PM
bt 500 http://www.bluetake.com. I don't want to sound mean but this has been covered so many times you probably don't even have to search for it it would be on the top of the forum somewhere

raynegus
Nov 24, 2004, 09:37 PM
Apple bluetooth mouse works for me. Easily detects it, good range, high quality. Setup of course is a snap.

I'm sure the next reply will suggest a third party two button variety. :rolleyes:

cmvsm
Nov 24, 2004, 10:09 PM
I have an Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and they really are great. They set up in a snap and most importantly, work perfectly. You can also turn them off to conserve power if you aren't going to be around.

I came from the PC side of the world and am having a bit of a difficult time getting used to the one button format, but I'll give it a little more time. If not, then I'll probably get a third party blue tooth mouse with a second button, but I'm fine for now. The keyboard is a keeper!.. :D

kesroberts
Dec 6, 2004, 03:52 PM
I've tried several and none have been great. This is my first mac and I can't get used to a 1 button mouse, so I've been searching for a decent 2 button/scroll BT mouse.

The Logitech MX900 was no good - tracking was lousy and sluggish, even with software to tweak the speed.

MacMice - tracks great, but hard to click (have to hit it just right). Also, the red LED shines throught the thin plastic shell - all that blinking was a huge distraction when I was trying to type (maybe I just drink too much coffee), Also, constrution feels cheap. A mixed bag.

I'm now using the Bluetake BT500, which works great, but is tiny. Not sure yet how I like that (using it with my desktop).

Actually, the best BT mouse I've used so far in terms of reliability and ergonomics has been the Apple. If only I could get used to the one button design....

mfacey
Dec 6, 2004, 04:13 PM
maybe we should start a whole seperate forum here at MR dedicated to BT Mouse discussions?

I think to sum up: the only really decent BT mouse on the market (that is fully compatible with Mac) is the Apple Pro Mouse, but then you have to be able to live with one button. Besides that decent mice are windows only territory it seems!

lost_mobius
Dec 6, 2004, 05:06 PM
the macally btmouse works great for me, but have to remember to buy a set of rechargeable batteries, other wise everything except for batt. life works perfect.