Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simbazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Lancashire, England
Hey guys,

Basically, I wanted to know whether there was anything out there, case-wise, to make the iPhone 4 look like the 3G(S). I mean, Apple disguised this thing inside a case, so it can be done!

It might not be for everyone, but I think it'd be kinda cool to have a case which fitted round the iP4 to remind me of the simpler days of the 3G :)

Cheers.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
how could it work since they are the same width and height? the case would have to be large enough to have a slim edge. it would really add to the size and be as large as a new android phone.

Simbazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Lancashire, England
I understand it'd be on the bigger side, but I was just enquiring to see if anyone on these boards had seen/heard anything about something similar :)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Go hunt down the engineer that "lost" the prototype in the bar and see where that case was from. Since there was tons of coverage about that, I'm sure Gizmodo or someone would've taken notice of the case.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I googled and came to this thread. Anyone have any more info? Would love to have the clamshell back similar to my 1st gen. iPod touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.