PDA

View Full Version : Downloading iOS SDK by itself??

andrew086
Aug 7, 2010, 05:05 PM
Is there anyway to do this? I already have Xcode installed for Mac OS X development and I don't want to wait hours just for the SDK. Is it possible to just download the SDK and add it to my existing installation of Xcode? I have 3.2.2 right now if it matters. I found one thread about this but I didn't find any answers because 90% of the people could not comprehend the question (they all thought that the OP wanted to not use Xcode at all).

xStep
Aug 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
I've never seen a way to download just the iOS SDK. It is an all or nothing download.

Matthew9559
Aug 8, 2010, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I keep forgetting to just download off the site. I just did that tonight honestly. I reformatted MBP, installed Xcode off of the cd's and then realized I have to download whole thing anyways because the iOS SDK is not separate anywhere I can ever find. A bit annoying.

Giuly
Aug 8, 2010, 05:45 PM
You may have Xcode, but do you have Xcode 3.2.3? If not, you need to download it anyways. Also, what you call iOS SDK here is Xcode+iOS specific stuff. Xcode is part of the SDK, so to speak, at least in Apples terminology.