Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Does anyone know if the iPad dock w/ keyboard has the keyboard as adjustable? like can the keyboard be removed just so you have the dock or is the dock and keyboard just a 1 piece accessory?

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
One unmovable piece. And you can't have it landscape so Apple's bluetooth keyboard would be better.

malbright

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
+1. I found the one piece dock impractical. The dock/bluetooth combination is perfect; you can set it up however you like and it's easy to travel with.

hoing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Ok that sounds more practical. Only one problem is I have 1k + Best buy gift card money so i want to get everything there :mad:. Do you know if they sell this keyboard at best buy?

Edit - I'm confused...can I just use a reg. keyboard that has bluetooth and my iPad can connect to it?

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Ok that sounds more practical. Only one problem is I have 1k + Best buy gift card money so i want to get everything there :mad:. Do you know if they sell this keyboard at best buy?

Edit - I'm confused...can I just use a reg. keyboard that has bluetooth and my iPad can connect to it?

They do sell Apple bluetooth keyboards at Best Buy. [click to check your store's availability]

The majority of bluetooth keyboards work with the iPad, but you get more functionality using Apple's.

hoing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
They do sell Apple bluetooth keyboards at Best Buy. [click to check your store's availability]

The majority of bluetooth keyboards work with the iPad, but you get more functionality using Apple's.

Oh thanks thats awesome! I should use Docstogo for my MS Word needs right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.