Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lemarqq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Hello guys.
I wanna ask you if it's possible to use my LCD Monitor Samsung 2443 BW,for PC and Mini Mac. The problem is,i only have 1 x DVI slot on the monitor. VGA too,but i don't wanna use the VGA.
If i buy this:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-2-Po...6-2230967?SubscriptionId=0N1YGFKC9QHMHQ9QTDR2
you think it's okay for what i'm looking for ? Mouse,keyboard and videocard ...
Can i use it for both, PC and Mini Mac ?
Thanks for helping.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
Hello guys.
I wanna ask you if it's possible to use my LCD Monitor Samsung 2443 BW,for PC and Mini Mac. The problem is,i only have 1 x DVI slot on the monitor. VGA too,but i don't wanna use the VGA.
If i buy this:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-2-Po...6-2230967?SubscriptionId=0N1YGFKC9QHMHQ9QTDR2
you think it's okay for what i'm looking for ? Mouse,keyboard and videocard ...
Can i use it for both, PC and Mini Mac ?
Thanks for helping.

That switch uses VGA, not DVI.

Aegelward

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
UK
Just to say, i share a monitor with both DVI & VGA with my PC and macbook.

PC on VGA
Macbook on DVI.

I notice no difference, VGA looks just fine to me. Just TRY out the VGA, i'm sure it'll be fine.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I can't believe those are $100+! Check ebay for used ones for a substantial discount. You're better off purchasing another DVI LCD monitor for $100, assuming you have the space.

Some people eye's are different but I can sure notice the difference between DVI and VGA. Hard to believe a few years ago we all used to use VGA,analog :p

nelupasilk

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2012
What you need is a DVI Switch if you are only looking to switch between two sources to one DVI monitor. I would check KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of DVI Switch and DVI Splitter solutions.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
What you need is a DVI Switch if you are only looking to switch between two sources to one DVI monitor. I would check KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of DVI Switch and DVI Splitter solutions.

Thread revival much?!?! This was from 2010!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.