PDA

View Full Version : Pages question

david77
Aug 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
For text that is longer than the cell it is in, is there a way to make it display horizontally and overlap the adjacent cells like Excel does?

TheBritishBloke
Aug 8, 2010, 08:52 AM
Umm. I think you mean Numbers?

david77
Aug 8, 2010, 08:57 AM
Numbers doesn't do it either, unless I'm not doing it correctly.

shadowness
Aug 8, 2010, 10:10 AM
do you mean the merge cells function? if so then i am sorry to inform that it is not available in iworks for ipad suite.

If you mean where when entering text it overlaps other cells, it is controlled by the wrap text in cell function.

select the cell containing the text > press the i icon > go to the cells tab > enable wrap text in cell function.

if its off then the text you enter will resize the cell according to the length of the text entered!

david77
Aug 8, 2010, 10:17 AM
do you mean the merge cells function? if so then i am sorry to inform that it is not available in iworks for ipad suite.

If you mean where when entering text it overlaps other cells, it is controlled by the wrap text in cell function.

select the cell containing the text > press the i icon > go to the cells tab > enable wrap text in cell function.

if its off then the text you enter will resize the cell according to the length of the text entered!

That was it, thanks!

shadowness
Aug 8, 2010, 10:30 AM
you are welcome!