Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
in my school i have pretty good airport reception better than any of the school laptops but there are some areas which i cannot get it, now if i get the internal arial drill a hole in the side of my screen so i can plug in a cable that i can duck tape to a near by radiator or pull out a giant fold up arial would there be any problems with the arial side of it, is there only one wire that picks up reception or do i have to connect two things or do i have to twist them

now this is a battered up 600MHz ibook with a few hardware mods on it so i'm not worried about screwing my ibook up

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
I'm no expert, but I think there's a little more to wifi aerials than waving a wire about like for FM reception :). All those peeps with pringles's cans had a bit to do ;)

Have a google/ebay for 2.4G directional antenna (with the right connector) and you should be ok.

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
this is entirely diy mod so i wont be buying anything, but thats the type of thing i'd like to know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.